However, not having insurance I was put in contact with a social services advocate to arrange for a medi-cal application. I was told not to work or drive until we knew the nature of my tumors. That was over a month ago.
We are still waiting for the state to approve my biopsy, in the meantime I have been unable to work. Thus far the AMAZING support of friends and family, particularly my Sharkeez, Sutra and Killarney's family have sustained me both emotionally and financially. Without them this would be impossible. And of course my amazing, patient and beautiful fiancé Summer. Without her I would be lost.
My treatment plan will likely begin with a craniotomy, where they will remove the tumor in my left frontal cortex. The second tumor is inoperable due to its location and will likely be treated with a combination of chemotherapy and gamma knife radiation, which is highly concentrated radiation being applied directly to the tumors and any surrounding areas they may spread. In short, it is gonna be rough year, but we're already looking ahead to a better 2015.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Any donations are deeply appreciated. As are well wishes and prayers :)
DonationsSee top donations
- Bob McMahon
- Leslie & Wayne Stimson
- Karen Keyser
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more