Although there was an insurance policy in place on their house that burnt down it was quite inadequate. The house had been insured like this for many years thru a local company and unfortunately the ploicy had never been updated to make sure their interest was properly covered.
We are going to be remodeling Amanda's grandmothers house that was built in 1928. Mike and Sandy had planned on moving into the house eventually and now the fire has forced us to move quickly so that they have a new place to call "home". There is a considerable amount of work that needs to be done to get the home up to today's standards. We need to remodel the existing bathroom and kitchen as well as adding another bathroom and some closets. There are also several walls that need to be taken down and other walls added. There is also only 60 amp electrical service with an old fuse box in the home so that will need to be upgraded before we can add a heating system to replace the COAL STOVE which is the current heating source.
If you could please see if there is anything that you may be able to do to help us. Anyone who has ever met Mike and Sandy knows that they would do any thing for any one at any time and they have always put everyone elses needs ahead of their own. I am sure there was a time that every one of us was in need and hoped that there was someone that might be able to help them through whatever issue that you were dealing with. So if each of us could find a way to give what they can to help these wonderful people get back on their feet then maybe we can help them restore some sense of normalcy in their lives and see their wonderful smiles return to their faces.
Thanks and GOD bless!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Annabelle Galumbeck
- James Tribble
- Vickie and Jr Boothe
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more