Dear Big Red Band Alumni and Friends,
Friday night at Hackley Stadium would not be the same without the Big Red Marching Band, and the BRMB would not be the same without you! Because the Big Red Band Tradition is indeed alive and well, we are asking for your help to fund this special semi-trailer renovation project.
Recently, we were able to acquire our own semi-trailer to transport equipment and uniforms to and from competitions, concerts, and festivals. A Big Red Band Alumnus has been generous enough to donate his time to load and transport this semi whenever the band travels. However, this trailer is currently a plain, white, empty box with no school identity and an interior that has no storage system for efficient use. (shown below)
By supporting this fundraiser and helping us reach our goal, you will allow us to paint our truck using a design created by one of our very own trumpet players and aspiring graphic artist. (shown below)
Funding this project will also allow us to customize the interior of the semi to maximize our storage and transport abilities for uniforms, equipment, and other band needs. (described below)
· Doors installed just in front of the drop step.
· One door installed on each side of trailer.
· Each door would be gate-style. 42" x 7'
· Red, White, and Black paint, with graphics.
· Donor/Sponsor list on back doors.
· Diamond plate the rear bumper.
· Chrome rims and hubs.
· De-burr and body detail prior to painting.
· Kinedyne Kaptive Beam System for modular storage.
· Decking "“ ¾ inch plywood planks. (4' x 8' sheets.)
· Various eye bolts, straps, rolling cargo ladder, additional storage shelving, uniform racks, etc.
· Install electrical system and lighting for easy loading at evening events. Include outside spot lights.
· Rear legs to relieve pressure on rear tires during storage.
· Undermount ramp rack.
· 2 "“ 11' x 30" aluminum ramps for loading from back of trailer.
In closing, we all know the City of Muskegon has changed from decades past. But, despite it all, the Muskegon band program, with 95% of its student body qualifying for free or reduced lunch, continues to be a hallmark for music education on a local, state, and national level.
Due to the district's budget constraints, our Band Parent Organization has accepted a larger role in the financial support of the Big Red Band. Each year, they continue to raise tens of thousands of dollars to support the band curriculum, purchase equipment, and provide financial scholarships for student band camps, lessons, and other musical needs.
It is because of the Band Parent Organization's increased financial responsibility that this semi-trailer project will not be feasible without your help. Any donation, regardless of size, helps in more ways than you realize. The students of the Big Red Band program take pride in what they do, and by supporting the redesign of this truck, you will allow these students to display their pride and identity in a way that has never been possible before. Thanks for your continued support....... GO BIG REDS!!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Carol Richards DeKuiper
- Marcella Bouwman Anderschat
- Larry and Sandy Thornton
- Ted and Joanne Bensinger