Rob and Libby Masek lost their home when the Hollis, N.H., house they partially rented was destroyed by fire early Wednesday, January 8. While they (and their landlord's one-eyed cat) made it out safely at about 3 a.m., most of their possessions are irrecoverable due to fire, smoke, or water damage. They are staying with family until they decide their next steps.
For those of you who don't know, Libby and Rob eloped in October and this was their first home together. They never bothered with a wedding registry, and were pretty content with family hand-me-downs and the items they'd acquired independently over the years. Now more or less everything is gone.
So, if you ever thought about getting them a wedding gift, now would really be a lovely and very meaningful time to do so.
Please consider giving any amount to help them out as they start over. If you aren't able to give, I'm sure they would really just love a message of support from you.
Thank you for your help!
-Holly (Rob's sister)
Fire damage photo by Nashua Telegraph staff Irene Labombarde.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jessica Muise
- Walt & Nancy Wise
- Jay Clair
- Martha Munoz
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more