Many of you already know about the current situation we are in and its causes. For those who don’t or have been wondering where we’ve been, we hope to explain the turn of events that led to this situation, what our direction is for the future and offer our sincerest apologies. The problem has been exacerbated by being unable to access our email or Facebook page to notify our friends and followers, but we hope to reach out by asking our supporters to circulate this letter.
Pravda Media has been essentially non-operational for the past four months because of financial issues which arose after our main bank account was frozen pending an overtly political investigation into our identities, finances and the nature of our project due to material sold which defended and advocated for enemies of U.S. imperialism under sanction. By the time the bank investigation was complete, we were behind on a large number of orders and owed back payments on business services utilized by Pravda such as email service, marketing, etc. At this point we had disabled our checkout system as to not add to the amount of backorders already accumulated and worsen the financial situation. On top of all of this we recently discovered that our project is in even more jeopardy because of the threat of lawsuit due to our default on a business loan used to buy a small amount of inventory after the account freeze-- having not expected the amount of damage the investigation would do to our operation. These are the most pertinent facts.
Where are we going from here? Currently, we are working on launching a fundraiser and temporary store via Spreadshirt (shop.spreadshirt.com/revolutionary-apparel
) to sell some of our popular apparel and merchandise designs. Side by side, we hope the store and fundraising campaign will help to raise the money needed to relaunch and fulfill backorders or provide refunds to those that prefer them. We are also working to regain access to our email and Facebook page, but in the meantime we have created a temporary email address — email@example.com — so customers with backorders or questions can contact us. We have every intention of fulfilling all orders in the most timely manner possible, however send us an email with any concerns and we will do our best to ensure your satisfaction. We sincerely apologize to all our customers and supporters, and we thank you profusely for your patience.
We still see a large demand for our products and hundreds of people visit our website daily. Friends and supporters have urged us to fight to continue our mission and because of this we will do so. Below is a list of goals we must achieve for our project to continue. GOALS
1. Raise the amount of $5,000 through fundraising and selling shirts and merchandise in 2-3 months. (Note: Our products will be a bit pricier because we only get a small percent of the sale price per article through Spreadshirt and we are trying to raise funds in limited time.)
2. Fulfill all orders, provide all refunds requested, pay off all bills to services rendered as the money is raised.
3. Prevent lawsuit mentioned above by paying off the balance of $2000 in a lump sum.
4. Once we have completed these steps we will be out of the negative. At this point we will fully relaunch Pravda Media, close the Spreadshirt store and begin selling our literature/merch via www.pravda-m.com again.
5. Begin refocusing on our literature/educational material rather than merchandise, eliminate preordering, and move completely to the print on demand method which will be most time efficient.
6. In five months our goal is to be launching 2-4 new books per month, expanding our catalog of Marxist-Leninist and other revolutionary literature.
This may seem like an uphill battle, but we are confident that together with our supporters we will achieve it. We urge all our supporters and friends to circulate this fundraiser as widely as possible, as well as to purchase some apparel from our Spreadshirt store or send a donation to support our cause. Pravda Media will not be another project defeated by political repression; together we will win. We cannot wait to begin sending revolutionary literature to comrades around the world again.
Long live Marxism Leninism!
Long live international socialism!
Long live the Revolution!
Sincerest apologies and solidarity as always,
Pravda Media Team