Why is this important?
- Only 40% of the population has access to safe drinking water
- Only 1 in every 5 children Haiti are vaccinated (one of the lowest rates in the world)
- 1 in every 10 children dies before reaching age 5
- At least 30% of the population is food insecure, with malnutrition affecting half of children under the age of 5
- Half the population of Haiti earns $60 or less per year (median income)
With numerous earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters over the recent years, the need is greater than ever before.
As an aspiring physician, I came to Morehouse School of Medicine for the social mission. I want to serve those with the greatest need for care, both here at home and abroad. My participation in this mission trip to Haiti will allow me to begin living out my dream of bringing medical attention to those with the most desperate need. Additionally, it will afford me the opportunity to further develop and diversify not only my clinical competence, but also communication and interpersonal skills.
I could not be more excited about my fortune in being able to participate in such a meaningful trip. Now all I need is a little help to get me there! Your generosity will enable me to serve and make a difference in the lives of those in need.
- anthony gaffey
- jeffrey raupp
- Christine Thomas
- Matthew Evans
- Helen Wanamaker
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more