Trauma and mental health are important issues for everyone, especially right now!
Good day, my name is Margaret Mauger and I am a Registered Counselling Therapist at the After Trauma Empowerment Network (ATEN) - a non-profit organization in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to empower and improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities affected by trauma through therapeutic counselling, emotional support, education and resources.
Our vision is: To improve the lives, well-being and functioning of individuals, families and communities affected by trauma so we can live in a world where individuals affected by trauma live an empowered life to reach their fullest potential.
What we do:
- We provide our services and supports free of charge to all genders,
- We offer a Safe Space to all genders, backgrounds and cultures,
- 85% of our client base has experienced sexualized violence, trauma and abuse (including sexual trafficking and exploitation),
- We are based in East Hants but services are provided across Nova Scotia,
- We provide support and accompaniment to police, hospital and/or court,
- The age range for individuals accessing our services range from 13 to 74 years old,
- We offer a weekly youth group to vulnerable youth who have experienced trauma,
- We offer a weekly online discussion forum called MAAT (Music & Art After Trauma) where we discuss a topic relating to trauma, mental health and wellness combined with a music and/or art component,
- Individuals accessing our services and appointments has tripled over the past year,
- We provide educational presentations and capacity building sessions around trauma, mental health, wellness, healthy relationships, trauma-informed practices/care and more,
- We have a YouTube channel where we are building a database of video resources,
- We do not have any core funding from provincial or federal government for operational expenses (we are working on trying to establish this).
What we need:
- As a result of outgrowing our current office space, we need to relocate to a larger office space which means our monthly rent expense will increase,
- Since we do not have core funding for our operational expenses (rent, phone, internet, insurance, office supplies), we are making a plea to individuals, community members and businesses (corporate heroes) to help support us by making a financial donation,
- We are hoping to raise funds to go toward our general operational expenses for one year (approximately $10000)
With your kind and generous support, we can achieve this goal!
We are looking for community champions and corporate heroes to support us so we can empower us so we continue to offer our essential service to individuals, families and communities!
Please help us spread the word and share this with your networks.
Much heartfelt thanks and gratitude!
Be well. Be safe. Be empowered!
Website: ATEN website
Email: ATEN [email redacted]
Facebook: After Trauma Empowerment Network ATEN
- Cheryl Williams
- Bruce Bassett
- Colin Smithers
- Lynne Smith
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more