With your help we’re here to lend a helping hand and hope to raise $100k for a few of these families who, without our help, will have a very difficult time rebuilding their lives after this tragedy.
Please help us to help these devastated families bounce back from this tragedy.
1. Geernaert Family - Becki & her husband Shawn along with their 5 Kids Kenadie, Kailey, Kapri and twins Kade & Kolton were just getting into the groove of life after having their daughter Kapri successfully battle cancer then having surprise twins Kade & Kolton join the family when Sunday evening, October 8, 2017 around 11pm, they received a phone call from Shawn’s sister that there was a fire nearby and they needed to get out! No one could have expected the severity of this fire as it seemed to be miles and miles away but once the severity set in, the family only had minutes to grab their kids, dogs (no belongings) and get out. They drove through the fires with smoke all around them to get to safety. But safety was nowhere around. Santa Rosa was on fire. It was total devastation. After the near escape, they found out later that same dreadful morning from a friend that their HOME was gone. The home they built from the ground up. Every memory, picture, school project, wedding item, Kapri medication, new baby item, homemade art project, birth certificate, even kid’s school, Gone. After Kapri’s battle with cancer and Becki’s stint in the hospital, they had just become a family at home together again, when tragedy struck.
2. Gilmore Family - Jenny, a single mom with her 2 boys, Aiden & Jake lost their rental home only one week after moving in. “My sister recently separated with the boys father and had just moved into her home on Camino del prado in the Coffey Park district. Because she had just moved in she did not have any renters insurance as of yet set up. Everything in the home was new due to separation. She has always helped me when I needed her the most, and I don’t necessarily have the right income to assist her in ways that I’d want. When we finally met up with her on that dreadful Monday, the boys ran up to me and said “uncle our house is Gone” but I do not think they understood the severity of it.” Kyle Gilmore - Jenny’s Brother
3. Shaffer Family - Derek, Justine & Kayley also lost their rental home. “My mother, sister and I have lost everything in the fire. We had no insurance as we rented that house for the past 19 years. We have no savings, we don't have any family to help, we are in need of a lot of help.” Derek was struggling in life before this incident as well. Earlier this year his mom was severely burned by a propane tank explosion and he himself broke his wrist 5 days before the fire.
4. Alley Family - Deni, a single mother of two children Jalen & Deja - lost their rental property. “My two children, two dogs, and two turtles lived on the most beautiful peace of land. We were bordered by two creeks with spawning Coho Salmon and Steelehead. The ranch also houses Equi-Ed, an equine therapy program. We had the most loving and kind man, Bill Cresta, as our landlord. He charged a fair rental rate and even lowered it so we could stay when my roommate moved out and we could no longer afford it. Being a single mother working full time, I appreciated this more than Bill will ever know. I know he is beside himself that the family homes on his ranch burnt to the ground, causing homelessness and heartbreak that he can't fix. He is like a grandfather to us, and I know he's hurting as much as we are, even though his house was left standing.” Deni Alley
5. Farington Family - Justin & Jessica and their 3 Kids Gavin, Aiden & Shelby lost their rental property and are staying with her parents until they can find a new home. “My Sister’s Family is purely devastated from this tragedy and with their 3 kids, it will be tough to rebuild the life they so recently lost in this devastating fire.” Matt Badzik - Jessica’s Brother
DonationsSee top donations
- John & Neena Schroeder
- Taiga Buidling Products Inc.
- California Cascade
- Alica Mills
- Cathy Terrell
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more