SEA LION TRACKS PROJECT
OCEANS BLUEPRINT and GIROUD are working together to power research to save endangered Sea Lions #sealiontracks.
The Sea Lion Tracks project will identify areas where sea lions travel, and where they find food and identify any overlap in potential threats in these areas.
OCEANS BLUEPRINT will coordinate the research with partner institutions and document discoveries and communicate the findings to community and government.AUSTRALIAN SEA LIONS
Australian Sea Lions (Neophoca cinerea) are one of five sea lion species in the world, and is only found in Australia. The species is listed as endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Red List.WHY THEY ARE ENDANGERED
Australian Sea Lions have small breeding colonies that occur in Western and South Australian waters, many that are genetically distinct making them vulnerable to local extinction.
The human threats they face include drowning in nets and marine rubbish, habitat degradation, human disturbance, deliberate killings, disease, pollution and oil spills, and climate change.HOW YOU CAN HELP
When you purchase a limited edition GIROUD active wear garment, $5 will go directly to the Sea Lion Tracks project. (COMING SOON - activewear range).
Read about our Illuminator project here
You can also donate any amount directly to this project on this page.WHAT YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL HELP TO DO
● Purchase and deploy satellite tags to track Australian Sea Lions
● Discover critical feeding grounds
● Gather critical knowledge that will be used in the ongoing
management of Sea lions in Australia
● Power research to give experts the information they need to
prevent the decline in numbers that could lead to their
● Facilitate researchers and wildlife vets to work on this project Help power critical research to save endangered Sea Lions #sealiontracks #beadiscoverer #createilluminate