Dialysis For Karen

Karen Gilleland has lost BOTH of her kidneys due to side effects from radiation from a previous bout with cancer. Now she has dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours at a time. She does not qualify for a kidney transplant due to her history of cancer. Her latest surgery was open heart surgery in June 2017 replacing her mitral valve due to a genetic condition. Dialysis patients must take a regime of renal drugs that regulate the body's functions. She has Medicare insurance which covers 80% of the cost of dialysis, but her out of pocket expenses for medications and the remaining 20% of dialysis are $2,000+ a month. She is the sole proprietor of a small trophy shop, Shield Awards & Promotions, in Euless, Texas. She owns her own home and has been a member of several organizations that benefit her community such as American Cancer Society, HEB Chamber of Commerce, Greater Irving & Grapevine Chamber of Commerces, and volunteered with Kids Who Care before her health/dialysis took over her "free time".

Donations

 See top
  • CHERYL HENRY 
    • $200 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $250 
    • 43 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $150 
    • 43 mos
  • Cheryl Finocchiaro 
    • $150 
    • 43 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $150 
    • 43 mos
See all

Organizer

Vicki Irby Thweatt 
Organizer
Bedford, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more