My fiance and I have had our Mustang for over 4 years, but are now desparately in need of a new car. We don't have much expendable income, as I stay home to take care of our baby, so he is the only one working. Our goal is to raise at least $2,700 to help with buying a cheap 4-door vehicle. Our car has gotten us this far, but there is so much wrong with it, that it is no longer safely driveable, and we can not afford to fix all that is wrong with it.
1) We were the victims of THREE hit-and-runs (one was with a school bus) between 2013 and 2014, and never got a penny of compensation. This resulted in significant body/cosmetic damage, including losing both the driver's side and passenger's side mirrors, and a large crack in the hood and fender.
2) The driver's seat is broken, and is only being held up by a plank of wood in the back seat, meaning we only have half of a back seat, since we also have a baby car seat. The car seat only fits in the back seat if the passenger's seat is pushed all the way forward.
3) The AC is broken, which wouldn't be such a big deal if we had a 4-door and could roll down the back windows, but we can't, and it gets unbearably hot in the summer in the back seat for the baby.
4) The lining in the trunk is rusted and broken, which has given us even more limited space for groceries and such, since we don't have a back seat.
5) We've had reoccuring problems with our brakes and brake pads because of a poor job that a garage did when we brought our car in a few years ago, and have to keep replacing them.
6) Our tires are badly worn. Our Mustang needs special tires, which for some reason are more expensive than normal tires. We also only have front wheel drive, which is AWFUL in the winter, in an area where there is a lot of snow and ice. We get stuck in the snow almost daily in the winter.
7) As of 9/13/15 we are having fuel injector issues. When we press on the gas, we are not getting the power that we should be. We definitely can't afford to fix this.
Those are just a few of the major issues we've been having with our car. We can't sell it for scrap, because the body is made of fiberglass, and with all of the issues we have been encountering, we probably wouldn't get much for a trade either.
I'm looking to raise at least $2,700, enough to find a decent 4-door family vehicle on Craigslist or something, register it, cover the cost off GoFundMe fees, etc.
We really need your help. The Mustang is our only vehicle, and we don't have access to ANY kind of public transportation in our area. Without a vehicle, we are unable to get to get groceries, go to doctor's appointments, and Kyle can't get to work. He works in another town, so not having a reliable vehicle will absolutely cripple us.
Anything you can give would help us out so much.
Janise, Kyle, and baby Liam