PO Box 365
Intercourse, PA 17534
If you prefer to write a check or money order, please make it payable to "Kore Fisher" and mail it to the above address.
Four year old Kathleen Fisher was in a tragic accident on Monday, October 9, 2017 where she was run over by a vehicle. Her father Kore had called a locksmith to their home to unlock a vehicle that had the keys locked inside. All the kids had already been tucked into bed but unknown to Kore or Naomi Ruth, Kathleen had snuck out of the house. Once the locksmith had finished his job, he went to leave but in doing so, he was watching the family dog, and didn’t see Kathleen.
What happened next was a flurry of activity. It is still unknown exactly how everything took place but Kathleen was struck and run over by the vehicle. Immediately, the vehicle operator got out and called 911. Her father picked her up and found her covered in blood, unconscious, and barely breathing. The paramedics soon arrived on the scene to stabilize her and she was driven by ambulance to Lancaster General Hospital. From there, they called in a Life Line helicopter to have her flown to Hershey Medical Center Children’s Hospital.
When she arrived, she was immediately rushed into emergency surgery for three and a half hours. She was stabilized, but remains in critical condition. She has broken bones in her head, eye socket, and jaw, and has some swelling on the brain. She also has a punctured and collapsed lung, a punctured liver, a torn spleen, a torn diaphragm, and damage to her stomach and colon. She is currently in a medically induced coma with a long road of recovery ahead. This is Kathleen’s second major accident in the last three years, and because of her huge internal injuries from this accident, she will need more extensive surgeries and hospital care in the future.
Who is Kathleen?
Kathleen is an energetic, fun-loving 4 year old who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She has a heart of compassion and loves to help serve others. She loves playing outdoors and is full of life and vigor.
"(Kathleen) has a 'sunshiney' personality. She's outgoing," Kore Fisher said. "She reminds me of a sunflower."
Expenses and Moving Forward
It is a miracle that Kathleen is alive after this accident and she has a long road to recovery. Doctors say there is a lot of hope, but it is simply too early to know for sure what her needs will be in the future. Every penny donated will go toward Kathleen's current and future medical expenses since the amount of money required will far exceed her family's financial ability. Some of Kathleen’s major expenses are listed below:
1. Current and Future Surgeries – The doctors performed surgery on Kathleen’s internal injuries to stabilize her. They are expecting more surgeries to follow to reconstruct her jaw and facial bones.
2. Life support, testing & medications – Kathleen is currently on life support and requiring sedation and medications, as well as significant medical testing.
3. Hospital Stay – Kathleen will be staying in critical care for an indefinite amount of time. She is on life support and requiring extensive medical care.
4. Physical & occupational therapy – Kathleen will likely be needing a wide array of physical rehabilitation after she is discharged from the hospital. The long term impact of her injuries is still unknown.
How You Can Help
1. Make a donation - We are grateful for every amount we receive, no matter how small. We promise all of the funds raised will go directly towards Kathleen’s medical care and expenses.
2. Spread the word - Share this campaign on your social media. Talk to your friends and family about it. Send out an email to your friends and contacts. Put up flyers at community boards, church, break room at work, community postings, etc.
3. Pray – Pray for God’s intervention and healing in Kathleen’s body. Pray for wisdom for all her medical providers and peace for her family during this tragic time. Pray for a miracle!
If you have questions about making a donation, feel free to contact my brother Kore Fisher or me (Mervin Fisher). Thank you in advance for supporting Kathleen through this tragedy.
Love to all,
Mervin Fisher (Kathleen’s uncle)
DonationsSee top donations
- Avi Rachlin
- Derek & Jody, Eliana, Uriah, Sincerity, Gideon, Nehemiah & Titus Turnbaugh
- Griselda Gallego
- Bob Brenk
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more