Hi, ThereMy name is Jesenia. As of now, im in a situation where I need HELP and PRAYERS for my two (2) month old daughter Jesleè Rose. Jesleè Rose is my second child who was born in April 15, 2017. She is my World, my Life, my Dream, my Miracle and my Blessing after the loss of my Baby Boy Jordanys Xavier. As a first time mother, the loss of my first born was unbearable. After accepting that he was gone and had left to a better place, I was blessed of finding out I was expecting my second child. Even though, this wouldnt replace my baby Boy Jordanys, to me it was a miracle/blessing. Finally, the day arrived and finally met my baby Girl Jesleè Rose. Everything seemed perfect. While in the hospital, as routine they withdrew blood for New Born Screening. After leaving the hospital about a week in a half, I get a call from my daughter's pediatrician telling me one of the test came back positive. So we went to her pediatrician the next day and we were told she came out positive for SCID. SCID is "Severe Combined Immunodeficiency". I've attached a link where it explains in details what this disease is ➡️. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_combined_immunodeficiency
As I hear this, my heart drops, tears are falling and in complete shock. We are then referred to Boston Children Hospital and Tufts Hospital. As they continue to examine her we are also told that she will need a Bone Marrow Transplant. Which also included Chemo Therapy. As they start to look and start the process for a potential donor we are also told and explained that she has a Heart Murmur. Which in her case was a "VSD" I've also attached the link which provides more details of the disease ➡️ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_septal_defect.
Now with this second disease my baby girl has a long road for her to fight and survive. On May 30th, 2017 my daughter was admitted to BCH for "Open Heart Surgery ". We were waiting on a available spot to squeeze her in. The day came, June 6,2017. A five "5" hour long surgery. Which felt like a eternity! But, thank God, everything went well. Jesleè Rose did amazing! While in recovery, I get informed and a confirmation that she does not have Thymus glad. So all this complication is hitting me at once. So, now that she doesn't have a Thymus they can't do a Bone Marrow Transplant. Because in order for the Bone Marrow to work it needs a Thymus Glad. The only option to save my daughter is through a Thymus Glad. Attached is a link about the thymus Gland
https:/corporate.dukehealth.org/news-listing/thymus-transplant-might-save-babies-born-without-immune-systemsTransplant which is only done in North Carolina in Duke Hospital. Her health insurance covers the surgery only. We have to stay in NC for six "6" months until the New Thymus Gland starts to work and develop the new blood cells it needs to cure this life threatening disease. I have no family or resources to help me with the funds to get there and where to stay. In order for her to get the surgery and recover from the surgery we have to drive to NC. It's the only safe way to get there because of her "SCID". I can't risk having my daughter Jesleè exposed to any kind of infections, diseases and get sick while being in a Airplane where it's secluded. I'm asking and begging on behalf of my Daughter Jesleè Rose And myself for anyone and everyone's help. I want, need her to keep fighting to live a normal life along with us and her family. Any amount will help. Everything will be towards the hospital, travel, a place to stay for six (6) months and for food. As a mother, I'll do anything for my daughter to help her survive and live a normal life . I appreciate your time reading and if donating thank you. If un able to donate, please pass this along. Anything will help. Thank you so much and may God Bless You ❤️