Hello everyone!!! We're here to help Jace hear!!! Our poor buddy Jace is without a CI right now and the expense is so high for a new one, and I personally do not feel that any parent would have to fork over a ridiculous amount of money for something they cannot help and Jace should not have to go without hearing. I do each and everyone of you to donate to help this wonderful family and this amazing kiddo!!! $1,$5 or anything would help tremendously. Here's a little back story from Cristel on what has happened this week and what she and her husband have been dealing with insurance and such!! ""When your child's prayers at night consist of "God please take away the bad dreams, give me good dreams and please let my CI come to us." Here's a little back story Jace has been having issues with his R cochlear implant for the last few weeks it has been shorting making an excruciatingly painful high pitch buzz in his ear intermittently. We thought we had troubleshooted and figured it out until it officially went caput this week. I have contacted both cochlear america's and his insurance company to try to get a new sound processor. I've spent hours on the phone and days waiting for return calls while my son is unable to adequately hear!!! Don't get me wrong he has a back up pair... however they are very old and he cannot wear them successfully in the summer because they are not water proof or resistant and he sweats badly! He is officially only at 56% hearing when he has the L CI only. He sat during the whole vacation bible school celebration tonight because he couldn't hear barely anything they were saying. I am heart broken for him but I am frustrated as I've been already working on this for a few weeks without anything movement. What do I get from the Cochlear america company... oh you can purchase an extended care package for 700-900 dollars for the year that will cover it but it will only last this next year and after that even the newer CIs that he has are going to become obsolete. So our other option is to upgrade to the newest version.... which I need to get approval from insurance and they need a referral stating he is unable to get this from anywhere else so we have to go to out of network....oh and it will likely take 6-8 weeks!!! (6-8 weeks is more than half of his summer!) Oh and I could at least try to purchase the care plan but wait I can't because Healthpartners insurance sucks and I have a freeze on my FSA so can't even do that! We cannot afford to just go buy over $7,000 worth of equipment because someone is dragging their feet! I have submitted every piece of everything they have asked for and still my son gets to not be able to hear while they take it for granted!!! " So say a prayer. Donate whatever you can. And let's get Jace to hear!!!!!