There was one casualty. My beautiful dog, Lilly. She was asleep in the front bedroom. She died in her sleep from smoke inhalation before Chris and I woke up.
Some good news though. My wonderfully fluffy cat, Jax, was outside. I found him later that night. I also had a very unlikely survivor. My fish tank was on the counter between the living room and the kitchen. The fire was hot enough to crack the glass and the water was black from soot, toxic smoke, and flaming debris. My plecostomus endured in that apocalyptic environment for over 5 hours before we discovered that he was alive. He is now happy and healthy in my mother's fish tank. She named him Frodo.
- Courtney Valentino
- David Alstadter
- Dannie Jordan
- Nick Buls
- Mike Speakman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more