This is to request funding for the building of a Christian missionary vocational and technical training institute for people with disability and the under-privilege people of Pokrom town and its environs. Pokrom is a town located between the Nsawam-Aburi Mountains in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
The Problem: The majority of the people living in Pokrom town and its environment suffer from various forms of disabilities that include blindness, lameness, and certain incurable diseases. Some of the ailments that cause disabilities are blamed on the unhealthy small stream that serves the towns around it for domestic usage which includes drinking.
Educational Facilities: The village of Pokrom (and its environment) has no educational amenities. The children travel a long distance to attend elementary and middle schools. Besides, after their basic academic education, there are no vocational facilities for advancement or additional training. This kind of condition deepens the level of poverty in the town and its environment.
Goals: The goal of Pauline Walley Evangelistic Ministries is to build a facility tagged: Overcomers House.
This ministry believes that young people must have professional and vocational abilities to foster their Christian lives.
1. The missionary vocational abilities will help the gospel missionaries to be involved in the secular environment and be a part of decision making. Thus, a missionary with a vocation or profession will help to influence both the government and the people to walk and live in righteousness.
2. The missionary vocational abilities will also help to return the Bible to Schools and to the market places. Thus, the missionaries will have the opportunity to penetrate the areas of their profession or vocation in order to influence the fear of God upon the daily lifestyle of the people with whom they work, and the environment where they reside.
3. The missionary vocational abilities will help to understand the different types of trades that obtain at the various market places where they will be working with people from different background. For instance, the fashion designers will be able to relate to the clients in a manner that the gospel of righteousness will be a daily bread shared with all and sundry.
The Christian missionary and vocational training for professionalism will include the following:
1. Computer Literacy: Basic training in computer knowledge and information technology that will enable all students to use various devices and all gather information for studies and work.
2. Fashion Designs: Training on sewing from basic level to professional level in a manner will attract and generate income.
3. Culinary Arts and Hospitality: Training for food preparation, cooking and presentation of food that will enable people to manage and work in restaurants and food businesses.
4. Music and Dance: Training for Praise and Worship to foster the Christian life and evangelistic outreach.
5. Public Presentation: Reading, speaking and other performances that will influence the presentation of the gospel.
6. Biblical and Theology: Knowledge of the word of God and how to share the gospel message will be the foundation of all trainings that will be given to all and sundry.
Please see the attachment for other information and ongoing construction at the site.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Organizer and beneficiary