Hi! Thanks for visiting our page.
My name is Emily and I am a single mother to my daughter Bridget. I’m 37 and Bridget will be 3 in the forthcoming months.
Bridget and I have been best friends since she was born in 2020. We’ve been together every day of her life. Have done everything together and been there for each other every day of her life. We are inseparable.
We have been through thick and thin together.
I’m a very private person that does not disclose freely or openly mine and Bridget’s personal life or circumstances. I am not one to ask for help and choose to find solutions myself to issues that are raised. This is the first time I have openly discussed and placed this topic publicly. I do not intend on speaking ill or negatively about people mentioned. I have only stated facts.
Unfortunately, our harmonious life together may very well come to an end on Tuesday 19th September 2023.
A brief background into our story that has placed us in this position is as follows:
- Bridget’s father and I were in a relationship for 8 years.
- The relationship was marred by domestic violence. I was under coercive control.
- Her father controlled everything. Which led me to reluctantly sell my property “Montana” in Forbes in 2019. This property had been on my family for 88 years and all I had left of my deceased parents.
- He threatened to make me homeless if I didn’t loan him the proceeds of the sale. I lent him $300,000.
- He paid 3% interest to me monthly on the loan amount.
- He states I could access this money at anytime. Instead he used it to drought proof his farm and carry out infrastructure.
- I moved to Newbridge to his farm where I worked a part time role in Bathurst in financial services. I also had to carry out unpaid duties on his farm.
- I was diagnosed with a neurological condition called Benign Intracranial Hypertension early 2020. Treatment included annual lumbar punctures and taking a daily mediation - Topiramate.
- I fell pregnant with Bridget 2020 and continued to work until June, when her father resigned from my job for me against my will. I was then given the task of working unpaid on his farm. He also opened a company in my name from July 2020 so I could process bookkeeping jobs for him.
- Bridget was born. I paid for all of her upbringing costs and used the little amount of interest I earned from the 300k loan to support the household.
- I was prohibited to return to work. He did not allow Bridget to attend day care. Even though I had promoted it as being a positive step for her social development.
- I continued to complete unpaid work on the farm. Bridget would accompany me as her father was never able to assist.
- Her father was absent for most of her life. Often choosing to spend his time driving his skid steer around a paddock. Wouldn’t return until late hours of the night.
- 26th March 2022, Bridget and I left in the middle of the night after a domestic violence incident occurred.
- Bridget and I left with a suitcase of essential items.
- ADVO in place after ongoing DV events.
- Loan payments from him ceased and he’s denying owing the debt to me.
Bridget and I have rebuilt a life free of DV with the little we have. At present Bridget’s father has filed sole custody orders to take Bridget away from me and cut me out of her life completely. I believe this is not in Bridget’s best interests.
Unfortunately, I say this with a very heavy heart and as an absolute last resort I’m asking for help to cover legal costs to defend our position and to ensure we stay together and safe.
I have today to pay or I’ll be going to the interim hearing on my own against the other side’s counsel.
Anything, no little it is, is so very appreciated.
Any proceeds beyond the target will be donated to a women’s domestic violence organisation. To help others that have been in my position.