Dear Family and Friends,
As you all know, baseball is a very important part of my life. This summer will kick off for me with the 2013 June 21-30 17U USA Baseball National Team Championships (Junior Olympics) at Various MLB Spring Training Facilities in Goodyear, Glendale, and Peoria, AZ. Immediately following will be the 2013 17U Atlanta Tour. Players will play in the Invite Only Rawlings Top Prospect National Championship July 1-4. I am excited to announce that I have yet again been selected out of thousands of players around the country, by PERFECT GAME, to play in the 17U WWBA Championships July 5-12. In addition I am scheduled to participate in this summer's national college showcase tournaments. These events allow me to join many other young men from all over the country, who will be competing in front of hundreds of college coaches and professional scouts.
These extraordinary opportunities will enable me to gain valuable college exposure and an experience of a lifetime. Many of the college coaches in attendance are looking for potential scholarship players to be a part of their upcoming seasons. I am sure you can understand why I am so honored to attend some of the biggest college recruiting events of the year. As you know, I recently turned 17 and will be a Senior next fall. During the past years I have always made efforts to keep my ability at a level to play above my age in the 18U tournaments for stronger competition and to push myself towards greater excellence.
This brings me to the point of this correspondence; I need assistance from all my family and friends to help my dream become a reality. To attend these events, I must raise enough funds to cover the tournaments, plane fares, uniforms, and meal expenses. I am inviting you to be a part of helping me achieve my long term goals to go to college and become a collegiate athlete. I realize I cannot do this alone, and hope to ease the expense on my parents, by seeking your financial support; which would mean such a great deal to me. I also realize many may feel my parents do not need assistance, but this is something I am doing on my own. I have seen my own family donate to others and sponsor me on so many events that I wish nothing more than to do my part and attempt to help ease this financial excess.
I am very proud, honored, and humbled to be a part of these baseball opportunities. These are the types of events that can really aid in helping my baseball career take off. My goals are to play collegiate-level baseball in a college such as Cal State Fullerton, Arizona State University, or Cal Poly SLO. After graduation, I may one day even be able to play professionally, but I will be thankful if my skills carry me through college. I love baseball, and hope you will be able to help me achieve my goals.
I end by thanking everyone for their time and considerations!
Michael J. Martinez II
Depending on my availability, and that includes funds, I have listed all possible events below for your review:
2013 SUMMER SCHEDULE
* June 1-2: 17U USA Baseball NTIS Prospect Games, Westview HS, San Diego
* June 7-9: 18U USABF San Diego Elite Classic
* June 8-9: 2[phone redacted] Grads - Perfect Game Sunshine West, Southwestern JC, San Diego
* June 13-16: 18U West Coast Invitational, Point Loma Nazarene/UCSD, San Diego
* June 21-30: 17U USA Baseball National Team Championships, Various MLB Spring Training Facilities, Goodyear/Glendale/Peoria, AZ
* June 28th-July 4th 2013 "“ 19th Annual Firecracker Classic Tournament
* 2013 17U Atlanta Tour: Invite Only Rawlings Top Prospect National Championship July 1-4
* July 11-14: 18U Cal Poly SLO Team Games, San Luis Obispo, CA
* July 18-21: 18U USABF World Series Challenge, San Diego
* July 21-25: 17U Perfect Game World Series, Goodyear (Reds/Indians Spring Training Facility), AZ (invite only)
* July 26-28: 18U Natural Balance Pet Food's Strike Out Lou Gehrig's Disease Challenge, Thousand Oaks, CA
* July 27 - Aug 3: 18U USABF World Series, San Diego
* Aug 5-9: 17U Pacific Coast Prospects Underclass Tournament, Long Beach, CA
* Aug 22-25: 17U USA Baseball National Team Identifications Series, Cary, NC
* Aug 31-Sept 2: 18U USA Baseball Labor Day Cup, Cary, NC
2013 FALL/WINTER SCHEDULE
* Sept 15-Nov 10: ABCL/PCBA Fall Prospect League (18U)
* Sept 20-23: Upperclass PG/Evoshield National Championships, Phoenix, AZ
* Oct 10-13: AZ Senior Fall Classic, Peoria (Padres/Mariners Spring Training Facility), Peoria, AZ
* Oct 24-28: 18U WWBA World Championships, Jupiter, FL
* Nov 15-17: Mike Spiers Memorial Earthquake Series Tournament, Los Angeles
* Nov 22-24: 18U Cory Lidle Memorial Tournament, various Southern California fields
DonationsSee top donations
- Carlos Morales From: Mexico Viejo - Carlsbad
- Bruce Hofbauer
- Mike G.
- Beam & Lisa
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more