On 2 October 2016 UAct team
will run Belfius Brussels Marathon
to support two projects in Ukraine:
- Kids Leadership Camp in Kyiv;
- Special Education in Dnipro.
KIDS LEADERSHIP CAMP (Kyiv, Ukraine)
aims to give young Ukrainians tools for bringing important social changes in Ukraine and becoming active members of our society.
Together with our partner, Everybody Can
, UAct will hold Kids Leadership Camp for 12 - 16 year-old
in Kyiv during school holidays.
Children, including those from disadvantaged families, children forced to flee the war in Eastern Ukraine and children, whose parents have fought for peace and freedom in the country, will attend Kids Leadership Camp.
They will learn about their rights and acquire necessary skills to develop their own social projects in Ukraine. Three most innovative ideas will be supported by UAct.
Your contributions will help us to:
• Ensure the logistics (venue, meals, equipment) to train over 20 children;
• Pay for travel and accommodation of some children;
• Support and fund 3 most innovative projects developed by children during the camp.
The present initiative is based on the success of a pilot leadership school organised by Everybody Can this summer.All speakers, coaches and helpers are engaged in this project as volunteers. Please contact email@example.com for more information about the project.
SPECIAL EDUCATION (Dnipro, Ukraine)
UAct firmly believes that every child should be able to enjoy their childhood and develop their personalities.
Ukraine’s government offers a very limited support to children with special needs and no parental care.
UAct strives to provide these children with innovative tuition in order to help them achieve more independence, make new friends and better integrate in the society in future.
Together with our partner, Make the Child’s Dream Come True
, UAct will organise over 100 hours of maths, drawing, music and language classes for children with cerebral palsy
from the children’s home in Dnipro
. The classes will be adapted to children’s needs.
Using the “train the trainer” approach, experienced tutors will train project’s volunteers and young teachers, who will be able to work independently and train their peers in the future. Your contribution will allow us to:
• Organise over 100 hours of classes for over 20 children;
• Train volunteers and young teachers;
• Purchase at least 10 pairs of special custom made shoes that will allow children attend classes outside the children’s home. All logistics and project support by UAct and our partners is provided on voluntary basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need more information about the project.
The funds will be allocated in an equitable manner between the two projects.
We thank you for your invaluable support!