It happened Saturday, August 13, at their home on Druid Hill Avenue.
Graham says, 17-year-old Michael was frying chicken tenders when the fire broke out. "I had stepped away to the bathroom real quick," said Michael. "When I got back, there was smoke and fire coming from the pan."
Michael, who was home alone at the time, said he threw water on the grease fire, which made the blaze worse.
He called 911. No one was hurt.
Still, there's trouble for Toya, who had no renter's insurance. "I'm not blaming Michael," Graham said. "But I'm angry."
The ordeal has moved Graham to tears.