I'm trying to raise money for several things, or a worst case scenario. I am currently TECHNICALLY still employed with my workplace, however I have been on long term disability leave since September of 2015, with two months separated in trying to return to see if I can handle working.
I am currently only receiving 60% of my previous paycheck. My original paycheck -was- enough to pay all of the bills with a little for fun, combined with the income from my better half's very small amount of SSD. After taxes, medical insurance payments, 401k loan payments, etc. (401k loans were due to another couple of emergencies a year or two back, which are still not caught up.)
Since the group long term disability company is paying me only 60% of my previous paycheck, and nothing is being taken out for taxes, medical insurance, or anything, I had asked clarification if things were ok, and was told they were until they let us know.
Well, out of the blue, I am at my primary care doctor's appointment today and they tell me my insurance policy was terminated in MARCH of this year. Even though they themselves have seen me since, I've monthly been getting prescriptions from the pharmacy and been seeing a Rheumatologist nearly monthly with normal copays or free generics.
NOW I am told that The Insurance company MIGHT reinstate me IF I pay all the past due amount in one lump sum, and cannot be reinstated unless that happens. Also, my 401k payments have suddenly defaulted without warning, my car is starting to have hiccups in the Texas heat and needs at LEAST a checkup, probably a bit of work done (it's over 10 years old), and until they call us back to reinstate, IF that is allowed by them, we have to pay full price on medications, doc visits, in addition to the impending loans defaulting and the whole amount to reinstate the Insurance.
We might need some funds ASAP, depending on how long the car holds out, and on when the Insurance calls back with a decision, but I've estimated roughly the goal to pay the lump sum needed to reinstate the Insurance, an acceptable amout needed to get the loans out of default and a possible amount needed to get the car repaired with worst case scenario in that case.
IF the Insurance company won't reinstate us... we'll still need to pay them the lump sum over time to cover the claims they still paid for some reason, and the 401k loans, and the car... and then possibly more to cover non-insured visits to my Rheumatologist and to cover medications that are both vastly needed. The medications, if skipped, would cause both of us to be ill with withdrawls at the least, and cause a relapse of our symptoms. The Rheumatologist is needed to help upkeep my medications to control my Fibromyalgia, Connective Tissue Disease, and one other as-yet-undiagnosed issue which we are going for the big guns - 6 hour infusions - hopefully within the month. IF I can get Insurance back, or the money to pay for it.
To reach this goal would be amazing, and I would love each and every one of you who would help us in our time of calamity. To even get half of it would be awesome as well, since that will help with some of the more pressing needs. If the donated amounts reach higher than the goal, I will be beyond relieved and have a renewed sense of hope in the human race... since it would help us so much right now. As it is, we are going to be late on our mid-month bills, and juggling funds right now just to be sure to keep our phone running, etc.
Please, even if you can't help by donating, please share our link and our story with those who might. Even with just that, you have our thanks.