Marc Anthony Jr's Funeral Expenses

This is Marc Anthony Johnson Jr.
I called him Hercules. Who am I? I was Grammy to him.
You see, Marc Jr was born by emergency C-Section on February 26, 2016, to Demetra Kontis and Marc Johnson, at Flagler Hospital. He wasn’t due to enter this world until April 20th.
He was a fighter from the very beginning at 3lbs 4oz. He was without oxygen 5 minutes while they tried to resuscitate him at birth. When they stabilized him, he was transported to UF Health’s NICU in Jacksonville.
His left lung wasn’t completely developed and, we found out later, he had IVH (bleeding on the brain) which didn’t help the situation. Yet, he still fought while mommy and daddy continuously whispered love and encouragement into his little ears. UF Health’s NICU is awesome with trauma but they had done all they could for him. He was being transferred to Wolfsons Children’s Hospital right after he turned 2 months old. There they were going to perform a tracheostomy on him which would help him and he’d be able to go home, they said.
After being admitted to Wolfsons, he developed pneumonia and an infection. The procedure had to be put off. He had a rough road ahead of him, but he was still fighting. A month and a half later, right before he turned 4 months, the procedure was done. He had the tracheostomy and a g-line (feeding tube) put in --- he was able to take a pacifier, but all this time he had the breathing tube in, we didn’t know if he would actually be able to swallow. This was going to make him better and he’d be able to go home, they said. Hercules was still fighting.
On Friday, July 1st, Deme and Marc headed to the hospital to attend, they were told, an educational session to learn how to care for Marc Jr at home. When they got to the hospital, they were informed that Marc Jr’s left lung had collapsed the night before and there was a bubble on his right lung. The prognosis was very grim. Hercules was fighting his final battle.
Marc and Deme had a very difficult decision to make: a child that would be on meds, paralyzed for the rest of his life, and unable to ever leave the hospital or let him go. At this point, machines were the only thing keeping him alive and breathing.
At 4:20 pm, July 2, 2016, heaven recalled one of its precious angels. My Hercules fought with courage and dignity till the very end with his family all around him.
I’m here to ask for assistance with the funeral expenses. We’re planning on graveside services at San Lorenzo Cemetery in St. Augustine Friday, July 8th in the morning. We will post definite arrangements at a later time.
Any offerings would be greatly appreciated to help these kids out with the expenses.
Thank you and God bless.
R.I.P. My Hercules. Grammy will always love you.


  • Donna Bernardis 
    • $50 
    • 48 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 48 mos
  • Trevelyn and Joe Davidson 
    • $50 
    • 48 mos
  • Christina Kouvaris Christopher 
    • $100 
    • 48 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $40 
    • 48 mos
See all


Irene Bouranis 
Saint Augustine, FL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more