My name is Angga, and I'm writing on behalf of my littlest sister, Kharisma, and my family in Indonesia, all who have been going through an incredibly difficult situation. Kharisma was involved in a vehicular accident on June 24, 2016 in Surabaya, Indonesia.
At 4:00pm on 6/24, my sister was on her way home from her after school lessons. As she was crossing a busy intersection, a reckless truck driver who was weaving and speeding around other stopped vehicles, rammed into my sister as she was nearing the other side of the street.
The impact was so hard that it cracked the truck's windshield, cracked her skull, and threw her body a few meters away.
Fortunately, a street food vendor was able to rescue her from the busy street, take her into an empty office and wait for emergency vehicles to arrive to take her to the hospital.
When she arrived at the hospital, the surgeons performed an emergency operation to subside the swelling in her brain and installed a metal plate in her skull. After 4+ hours of surgery, the doctors had deemed it a success and found no other complications during the procedure. She was then placed in ICU for further examinations. After a couple of days in ICU, my sister was able to regain consciousness and made fairly quick progress in regaining her strength and clarity.
On Saturday, July 1st, I was informed that my sister was released from the hospital. As you can see from the picture above, my sister has a very petite frame. For her to withstand the impact from the truck and to recuperate as quickly as she has, we think her recovery is nothing short of a miracle.
Unfortunately, the truck driver was not insured. In addition, the hospital won't accept the national health insurance as payment, thus leaving my family in Indonesia with all the medical expenses.
My family and I humbly ask for your support. Your donation will help cover her operation (75 mil Rupiah = $5,726), her hospital stay (25 mil Rupiah = $1908), plus any future medical expenses that needs to be covered for her treatment and therapy.
If you are unable to donate, we ask that you keep Kharisma in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for your kindness, love and encouragement in this difficult family time.
Chronology in Indonesian
- Tanggal 24 Juni 2016 Jam 16:00 kursus/les di “Neutron” jl. Perak Timur selesai
- Karena belum ada yang menjemput Risma berinisiatif untuk pulang sendiri pakai Angkutan Kota, harus menyeberang ke jalan Perak Barat. Di jl Perak Timur bisa menyeberang dengan aman
- Ketika menyeberang di jalan Perak Barat di Zebra Cross, kendaraan yang lewat seperti trailer dan sepeda motor sudah memberikan jalan untuk Risma, ketika sudah sampai di sisi lain jl perak Barat dan menunggu angkutan kota, ada truk box yang berjaln kencang melewati kendaran yg sedang berhenti dan menabrak Risma sehingga terpental beberapa meter, kaca depan truk mengenai kepala risma sehingga kaca mobil retak begitu juga tengkorak kepala risma juga retak.
- Kemudian ditolong oleh penjual Pukis dibawa ke kantor kosong
- Setelah ada polisi baru dibawa kerumah sakit PHC
- Sesampai dirumah sakit tidak ditangani segera karena Citiscan rusak kemudian dirujuk ke RS Adhi Husada
- Sesampai di RS Adhi Husada langsung ditangani oleh Team Dokter dan di operasi untuk mengambil darah beku diotak dan memasang platina di tengkorak Kharisma, mulai jam 22:00 sampai dengan jam 01:00
- Permasalahan yang ada sekarang adalah RS Adi Husada tidak menerima BPJS (asuransi kesehatan milik negara) sehingga semua biaya dibebankan / harus dibayar secara pribadi, biayanya sangat besar, biaya dokter operasi saja 75 juta rupiah, biaya kamar perawatan, obat2an dan lainnya 25 juta rupiah
DonationsSee top donations
- Joo Xiang Ang
- Jun Dimarumba
- Kevin Chung
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more