Paula came to the U.S. 4 years ago with the aim of improving her health and growing her overall quality of life with her sister (who is a US citizen) and family by her side. Since the moment of her arrival, Paula began walking towards that dream -- going to school, working multiple jobs, establishing professional relationships, investing in meaningful friendships, serving her spiritual community, and eventually welcoming her parents to live in Santa Fe as well.
To date, legal expenses of her immigration process have being paid close to the amount of $7000. She is now seeking to obtain a labor visa and to claim her status as a green card-bearing permanent resident, and the costs of this phase have surpassed initial estimates.
The next phase will cost $8.333.26, and will take 3-5 months to complete. Paula will be unable to work during this time due to her pending labor status, and will have to attend school to maintain her student status until the work permission is approved. In effect, circumstances will require her to pay for immigration costs as well as academic costs without any income. For this reason, any donation amount will help Paula successfully meet her goal.
This moment in Paula’s life – and her community’s response to the call to support her – will deeply resonate in her heart and profoundly influence her future. For those of us who know Paula, we know she would rise to help each of us at such an important moment in our own lives.
With gratitude & appreciation,
Shawn and Paula
Paula's Process So Far :
- Paula came to Santa Fe 4 years ago to live close to her family.
- She went to school and graduated in Culinary Arts on her own expenses and lots of effort.
- She currently has permission to work that will expire soon (July 2016).
- She is in the middle of her immigration process that started in August 2015, and she used all her funds towards the first phase.
- She recently got a labor certification approved by US government, but to be able to move to the final phase of her process and achieve her condition to live here, she need funds.
- The next phase is estimates in $8333.26 + considering attorney fees and Government fees.
- She needs a lift and the help of friends and community -- $7000 total towards her immigration process at this critical juncture. This help will have great impact in her life and secure her ability to be close to her family and build her life in the US.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jim Terhorst
- Matt Borst
- Paula Belmonte
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more