Help Me Save Milo

Update 1/8/21: So last night was a rough one. We had changed from Cabella to Lucky because of cost honestly. Milo cried more than usual and just an overall different reaction. It was heart wrenching! My husband was flipping out at the thought of hurting him! Shot pulled out half way so we had to reinject to finish giving him the meds. So we are going back to Cabella and hoping for a better reaction. On a happier note...he gained 1lb in 10 days so we had to up the dosage. We had him in a bed last night near his litter box and he got himself to the box and back to his bed on his own in the middle of the night! He managed to do this even with his leg injury. It’s crazy. We got him a litter box that has lower sides so I think that helped too but what an accomplishment! Thank you again for all your donations, prayers and love for Milo. He is such a fighter! � Update 1/7/21: Hey everyone!! Milo is on Day 10/84 of his GS shots for FIP. Thank you for your donations and love for Milo!! He had some tummy issues from the medication so we got Metronidazole from the vet and he is better. Got him prescription food and his appetite is improved. We have to keep a watchful eye on his weight because meds would need to be adjusted. Please check out our fundraiser site with some great giveaways. Proceeds benefit our little guy and help me save his life. https://www.facebook.com/group 1/3/21: Milo is on Day 6/84 and he is pulling himself up, playing and becoming very feisty. He has a very long road ahead. Please donate $5 and share this to help me continue his treatments. God bless!! Update 1/1/21: Well happy new year everyone! Milo is on day 4/84 of his FIP treatments. It is not easy but he is taking it like a champ. Only way to save his life. Keep the prayers going, donate and share my fundraiser as much as you can to help me save him.♥️ Update 12/30: Well we are so sad and scared...Milo has FIP (feline coronavirus). His hip surgery has become secondary. With the help of some amazing people, we were able to find some emergency vials and start him on the series of shots that will save his life...84 days or 12 weeks of shots for this little guy. He will need 20 vials approximately at $75 a vial. We are taking it one day at a time and praying for the best. Update 12/28: Milo had his blood work today. His sugar, oxygen, kidneys and liver are all fine. No reasons there that would be causing him to be so small for his age. However, his protein levels are elevated which causes the doctor to still suspect that he has the dry form of FIP (basically feline coronavirus). This affects him neurologically and his sight. He shakes and has trouble seeing. She sent out some of the blood for more testing and we should have results by Thursday (fingers crossed). This little guy has a very long road ahead now in addition to his surgery he may be facing 7-8 weeks of shots to save his life. Please pray for him and donate whatever you can to help me save him. Update 12/23: Went to another vet today and got some direction. They had to take more X-rays because the other ones did not give a full picture. He definitely has a broken hip bone. The FHO Surgery his only option in order to live a normal life. Looking at about $1,000 at this vet. Doctor concerned about his head shaking, possible blindness and the fact that he is so tiny. Not sure if it is trauma or FIP. Blood work is recommended which will run another $165. Doctor needs to rule out FIP and the bloodwork is needed for surgery anyway. Need more help to do what’s right for this little guy. Update 12/21: Milo has an appt with a one vet on Wednesday and another consult on Thursday. My one friend is consulting a surgeon she works with to see what his thoughts are and what the cost is. Asking for prayers that our little guy gets some answers and help soon. Update 12/20: Thank you for all who’ve donated! So far Milo’s been to 2 different vets. Tomorrow I will be contacting another vet to set up a consultation and see what they recommend. Praying to get some answers. We desperately need help to save Milo! He was found outside our house curled up on one of our deflated halloween decorations and ran as soon as the door opened. We wanted to help him because he was just the tiniest thing and kept meowing. He was so cold and so hungry! We thought he was a kitten and quickly gave him food. He wouldn’t let us get more than 10 ft close to him. I eventually got him to eat after leaving it in the bushes where he was first found. I came back and the food was all gone We were grateful he at least ate and did not expect him to come back. The next day we heard a meow. He still wouldn’t let us get close so we put out food. We bought cat food and put out a blanket for him. Everyday I fed him and he would get a little more trusting each time. He would stay on our front lawn or in the bushes but would never go too far. It took us months to be able to pet him. Then one day during feeding he was very wobbly. He couldn't walk straight without falling! Something was wrong. We picked him up, put him in a carrier and took him to the vet. The doctor said he was dehydrated, underweight and very weak. He gave us antibiotics for his bad eye and his weak state. We brought him home and he layed in a basket but we soon noticed that he was just not able to get himself up or walk. He just laid there. I again took him to another vet for xrays and discovered that he has a broken pelvis and leg that could have been from getting hit by a car. The surgery option was greatly expensive and he recommended we waited it out to see if it healed on its own. So here we are waiting in agony. His ideal win in this situation would be a surgery to prevent future arthritis and ensure his chances of healing his pelvis and walking again normally. If it doesn't heal on its own and without the surgery, he can be in pain for the rest of his life and if it heals he won't walk normally and has a higher risk of arthritis as he grows up. Milo’s odds right now are not looking amazing and we don’t want to give up on him. Milo is only around a year old and deserves a long happy life indoors and off the streets where he was getting worse day by day. Milo is a fighter and he deserves the best chance at his life. We are waiting to find a vet that will work with us and operate on him. Please consider donating $5 to cover some our vet expenses so we can continúe to fight for our boy! If you are not confortable sending donations through here, I do have Venmo and CashApp (see below). Thank you to the friends who’ve donated so far. Very much appreciated! Venmo: @Carrie-Negron CashApp: $CarrieNegron

 GoFundMe Guarantee

Only donations on our platform are protected by the GoFundMe Guarantee.

Donations

  • Olga Perez 
    • $40 
    • 3 d
  • Meesh Cameron 
    • $20 
    • 12 d
  • Vanessa Ramirez 
    • $15 
    • 13 d
  • Linville Lisa 
    • $20 
    • 19 d
  • Emily Holcomb 
    • $15 
    • 20 d
See all

Organizer

Carrie Negron 
Organizer
Parlin, NJ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more