Our sweet Terry-bear is very sick. The week of Thanksgiving Terry began to refuse most food, stopped grooming, and was very lethargic. We took her to our vet and after keeping her overnight they said they found nothing. Over the holiday weekend she declined further so we went back, this time she was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and sent home with antibiotics. Then she stopped eating altogether. We found a new vet in the town where I work (40 miles from home) where, after $600 of tests, they diagnosed a severe respiratory infection AND a severe UTI. We came home Friday with stronger antibiotics to cover both infections and an appetite stimulant. But Terry would not eat or drink all weekend. So back we went. We decided on a hospital stay so she could receive IV fluids, nutrition, and antibiotics. Estimated cost, $1300 for 3 days of care.
I am being honest, we can't really afford this, but we just couldn't let her go without trying. It's been a tough year for everyone, we lost our Chatty over the summer; she was Terry's long time companion. Covid-19 and election craziness have added to our struggles and frankly, I don't want to let 2020 have anything else!
The good news is that Terry is already responding to treatment and we are hopeful this will be successful. If you have read this far and would like to help cover her vet bill, we would be very grateful. ❤️