If you don’t want 2000+ houses on all the fields between Hempstead, Lordswood, Lidsing, Walderslade and Bredhurst, please help fund legal fees NOW to fight this development!
Against Lidsing Garden Development (ALGD) and Bredhurst Parish Council (BPC) have fought hard against the inclusion of 2000+ houses at Lidsing in Maidstone Borough Council’s Local Plan but MBC have completely ignored thousands of objections and submitted their plan to the Planning Inspectorate for approval. An Examination in Public (EiP) will be held late summer/early autumn 2022 (date tbc). This will be a legal battle between various interested parties.
- If Lidsing goes ahead, it will severely affect everyone living in Lidsing, Hempstead, Lordswood, Walderslade, Rainham, Parkwood, Bredhurst and Boxley. All local communities will be overwhelmed.
- Traffic from 2000+ houses will bring misery to all roads in the area, possibly 4000 extra cars/10,000 extra car journeys a day.
- Although the development falls within Maidstone Borough Council, it will be up to Medway Council to provide all facilities including GPs, schools, hospital services etc.
- All services in MEDWAY will be stretched to breaking point.
- Medway Council are strongly opposed to the development.
ALGD & BPC URGENTLY NEEDS YOUR HELP TO RAISE £26k
To fight the FINAL stage of this process, we must hire legal and professional experts to argue our case at the EiP (as Lenham PC are doing). BPC has some funding towards legal expenses and has met with a barrister to agree a plan of what is required. If legal arguments cannot persuade the Inspector to remove Lidsing from MBC’s Local Plan, it will be the death knell for the whole of our area.
THIS REALLY IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO HELP SAVE LIDSING.
Please give now and give generously to allow us to instruct our barrister and expert witnesses.
If we do not reach our target, donations will be refunded. Funds will be ringfenced and administered by Bredhurst Parish Council which is strictly managed and audited.
Any queries please contact us.