$25K For Our 25th Anniversary
Who are we?
Since 1995 the Narrows Botanical Gardens (NBG) have been a dedicated group of community volunteers who developed a neglected portion of Shore Road Park to create a destination, a garden, a point of interest, and a respite not only for the community of Bay Ridge, but the NYC community at large. NBG is a 100% volunteer 501(c) 3 organization and we mainly depend on contributions to support garden maintenance and improvements.
Our Mission is to create a place of rest and relaxation for the entire community
• Creating and displaying gardens that will delight the public both visually and sensuously.
• Educating the public on horticulture and garden architecture.
• Teaching respect and preservation of our native flora and fauna to children and adults.
• Promoting the arts with free cultural events and encouraging cultural partnerships.
Why is this garden important to the community?
The Narrows Botanical Gardens is open year round to the general public for free. We provide a clean, beautiful environment for exercise, dog walking, picnics and meditating. During these difficult times, it is a safe, green space where friends and families can enjoy each other while socially distancing.
We also provide a seasonal ecologic learning space for schools, a communal meeting space for older adults, and environmental benefits like soil carbon capture, increasing the native pollinator population, and aquaponic gardening. Children and adults interact directly with nature and learn how they can impact the life cycle.
What is our goal? To raise $25K for 25 years of service, and to ensure we will be around for at least 25 more!
Want to join us in making a difference? Unfortunately due to COVID 19, we were forced to cancel all of our fundraising events for the year. If we are unable to secure funding, our garden will fall into disrepair. Any donation, no matter how small, will help make an impact.
What will the money go towards?
• Repair the broken irrigation system on the main lawn
• New filtration system for the pond
• Replace dilapidated sheds
• Maintain the animals in the Turtle and other sanctuary areas
• Develop more educational programs for the native plant garden and animal sanctuaries
• Improve the security system
• Reimplement the Garden Greeter guided tours
• Establish a part-time internship and trainer position
• Purchase new plants and replacement of aging trees and shrubbery.
• Install signage for all four (4) acres of plant varieties.
• Continue the Pollinator Project (Butterfly propagation, Beekeeping etc.)
• Develop our educational farm
• Expand the NBG composting program
• Create a volunteer rest area
• Build Nature Art installations
• Scale up sustainable exhibits and education
Thanks in advance for your contribution to a cause that means so much to the community!
- MICHAEL Augenbraun
- Sheldon Friedland
- Ezra Und
- Tina Lai
Fundraising team: NarrowsBotanical Gardens (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more