24 Hours of Gravity for Children’s Cancer
The Tim Blair Run for Kids Foundation formed in 2013 as a culmination of Tim Blairs relentless efforts to raise awareness and support for families suffering through childhood illness. Since 2000 Tim and his team have partnered with a variety of charities to run, cycle and organize events that have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to help support children and their families. The money raised has contributed to gaining equipment, treatment and clinical trials here in Tasmania.
This allows children to remain local and maintain their support networks, which is invaluable while they undergo their treatment process.
The spirit of every challenge Tim and others have undertaken, is to challenge ourselves to push our limits in the hope of helping others better understand, that every day there are thousands of children facing life’s greatest challenge.
Maydena Bike Park has teamed up with Tim and the Tim Blair Run for Kids Foundation to create the Charging for Childrens Cancer event. The event will consist of two parts: a 24hr hour challenge and a 15hr public challenge at Maydena Bike Park.
Learn more about the Tim Blair Run for Kids Foundation HERE
6:00pm December 16th, 2022 – 6:00pm December 17th, 2022
Participating in the 24hr Challenge will be Tim Blair, Simon French the owner of Maydena Bike Park and Rhys Ellis the General Manager of Maydena Bike Park. As a team of 3 they will be riding non-stop gravity laps on their mountain bikes for 24hrs at the park with the goal of raising $10,000 toward the Tim Blair Run for Kids Foundation.
By donating through the GoFundMe Campaign you will be directly contributing to children’s cancer research, the equipment and financial support that children and their families will receive.
12hrs of Gravity – Team Challenge
6:00am – 6:00pm December 17th, 2022
If you are keen to take on the challenge and have a more active role in raising funds, this event invites the mountain bike community to help contribute. Maydena Bike Park will be opening it’s shuttles for 12hrs for this special team event. Riding from 6am to 6pm, riders in teams of 2 or 4 can put their gravity guts to the test and see how many vertical meters they can tackle in a 12 hour window.
Price & Inclusions
Entry Fee – Minimum donation of $350 or $700 per team | $175 per person
Team’s are encouraged to acquire sponsors and fundraise for their entry fee’s
• All day (12hrs) of summit shuttles for team members
• Access to pits and feed station throughout the day
• Hot lunch
• Event t-shirt
• Profits of each ticket donated to Tim Blair Run for Kid’s Foundation
• Each team has 15hrs from the departure of the first bus to bank as many vertical meters as possible
• Buses will be running continuously from 6:00am to 6:00pm
• All teams must always have a minimum of 1 rider at the base
• A team’s next rider or riders cannot get on a shuttle until the previous rider or riders have returned to the base.
• Teams will be comprised of strictly 4 riders
• All team members must be 16 years of age or older
• All participants must be a strong intermediate rider who has a lot of experience on gravity terrain
If you are interested in participating in the event enter here.