We are Texas Street Medics, an organization dedicated to providing initial medical care and hydration to those at events in Texas, such as races, parades, and especially in the current climate, PROTESTS. We very recently submitted paperwork to become a 501(c), and so cannot set up things like banking or payment apps like Venmo/Cashapp yet.
Funds donated here will be used to purchase things of high need (such as trauma care supplies) and things unlikely to be donated (like walkie talkies for communication). We will do our absolute best to be transparent with how we use the funds donated here, up to and including individual purchase receipts being published.
Supporting us helps us support those protesting in Texas cities for equality, justice, and accountability. We hope that you'll partner with us in ensuring those at demonstrations are kept healthy and safe.
These are our current planned purchases with the money raised from this GoFundMe campaign:
- Walkie-talkies to ensure easy, clear communication between our teams within our areas of operation
- Safety Goggles and Face Coverings to protect our medics in case of dangerous situations
- Fanny Packs and Backpacks so that our medics can stay light while carrying the supplies they need to care for patients
- First Aid supplies like gauze, instant cold packs, and antibiotic cream to load the packs our medics take into the field
- Flashlights for operations at night
- T-shirts with first aid/medic designs to identify us to the public - and to cut down on the amounts of red duct tape currently being used for the same purpose
- Gemma McLaren
- Alexandra Cortes
- Brianna N Martinez