As we prepare for our 2021 scholarship fundraiser, we are accepting donations to help us reach our goal of awarding $3,000 in scholarships!
Please consider donating. Your kind contribution will help local journalism students continue on their path towards graduation and ultimately get them one step closer to becoming a working journalist.
Our scholarship program is open to all college students in San Diego County and Tijuana, Mexico who are currently pursuing a career in journalism (TV, print, radio, digital, and photography).
Scholarship application period will open June 1.
Application Deadline: June 27.
Scholarship winners will be announced in early August with a virtual award ceremony featuring guest speakers in journalism.
The NAHJ San Diego-Tijuana Chapter is one of 30 chapters nationwide working under the nonprofit National Association of Hispanic Journalists organization.
Our nonprofit's goals are:
1. To organize and provide support for Hispanic Journalists.
2. To promote accurate and fair treatment of Hispanics by the news media.
3. To encourage and support the study and practices of journalism and communications by Hispanics.
4. To further employment opportunities and career development for Hispanics in the news media.
5. To foster a greater understanding of the unique cultural identity, interests, and concerns of Hispanic Journalists.
Thank you for your contribution.
DonationsSee top donations
- Marissa Cabrera
- Luis Cruz
- Pat Burkhard
- Laura Castañeda
- Alejandro Montoya