The 2020 Educators in VR International Summit is February 17-22, 2020, and we need your help to support this ground-breaking event.
The Educators in VR International Summit is free and open to the public in the virtual educational and social platforms AltspaceVR, ENGAGE, rumii, Somnium Space, Mozilla Hubs, and others.
The 6-day event features over 150 speakers from around the world presenting across over 200 hours of virtual events, with many live streamed and recorded for future airing on our Educators in VR YouTube channel.
In addition to the speakers, we have dozens of volunteers lending a hand to make this innovative event happen.
Your financial help will not only supports this huge event, it helps to fund:
* Educators in VR scholarships funds for training, classes, workshops, and curriculum development.
* VR and AR equipment as part of our outreach programs around the world.
* Ongoing free and open-to-public workshops and training programs to future-proof educators in immersive and spatial technologies.
* Research into the effects, practices, standards, and efficacy of VR/AR in education beyond the WOW-effect.
* Our commitment to cut carbon emissions. We are calculating the carbon footprint of our event and comparing it to that of a similar real world event. We believe there is a great future for virtual conferences and summits and are proud to be blazing a trail!
Educators in VR is dedicated to providing educational training, resources, connections, and experiences to educators, learners, researchers, and passionate enthusiasts to help them integrate immersive technologies into education.
Last year, Educators in VR has hosted 80 free educational weekly workshops in AltspaceVR as well as special events in ENGAGE and other virtual social and educational platforms, reaching over 4,000 attendees. Topics included immersive classroom experiences, textbook publishing with AR, cyberbullying in VR, developing VR classes with elementary students teaching teachers how to teach with and in VR, VR lab building, and reports on research in immersive and spatial technologies for education.
Educators in VR presented in-person and virtual workshops at AWE 2019, VRX2019 Conference in Amsterdam , the VR/AR Global Summit for the VR/AR Association , among many others last year.
AltspaceVR Community Spotlight newsletter featured Educators in VR, and we've been featured on The Virtual Reality Podcast and the upcoming WebXR Podcast.
Help us make our dreams come true for the thousands of attendees for the 2020 Educators in VR International Summit, and for our ongoing work in helping the education industry prepare for the future.