Fur Baby Vet Bill

Hi, everyone. My name is Jullesa and i have 2 cats who I consider my babies. Twitch is the eldest (3 years old) and Peaches is the baby brother (almost 2 years old). One December 2nd, I noticed Twitch was acting different. She was sleeping a lot more, she had stopped eating and using the bathroom. On top of that, she was puking quite often. On the first night i had counted how many times and we were looking at more than 20 times. The next day, I woke up and cleaned up at least 6 areas where she had gotten sick. I went to where she was laying and noticed she was sleeping in her puke. I picked her up and tried scratching all her favorite spots and she didn’t react. I noticed she has no positive reactions to anything that she used to love. She stopped purring, she stopped meowing and was very lethargic and kept hiding from me. I had even noticed her tail was droopy and hung between her legs. I called the vet and was told to bring her in immediately. Right before I left the house, i noticed her left eye had a very dark brown discharge, which was very unusual. She finally had used to bathroom but it loose and a yellow-ish color, which is also very unusual. Once the doctor did her physical, he came to the determination that she had a gastrointestinal infection and it was a severe one. He admitted her for the night and began her on an aggressive antibiotic treatment. The first day she received 3 shots (an anti-diarrhetic, an antibiotic shot, and a shot to help her nausea). The doctor had 3 goals for her: start drinking since she was very dehydrated, eat without it coming back up, and a positive reaction to the antibiotic therapy). Around 5pm that day, the doctor called back and notified me that her infection was not gastrointestinal; it had become a systemic infection. This means it was attacking all of her organs and was in her bloodstream The second day, she was still not eating but doing a lot better with drinking, so she had to stay another night. The doctor called right on schedule (an overnight update around 8am-8:30am, and 5pm for an update on how she was doing throughout the day) to say she still still not eating but they were going to continue trying so she could come home in the morning. On December 5th at 8am, the vet had called to tell me she is starting to eat so she is good to go home. I picked her up at 11:30a and brought her home. Her vet bill is $295. I am asking for your donations to help with the bill. I am currently unemployed and struggling to find a job. I am still waiting for my unemployment to kick in; I have been waiting for over a month now. Money is very tight and we are struggling to get any of our bills paid. I can live without the heat and water and electricity; i have family who would help. But i cannot live without my fur babies. Their need have always come before mine. They are my fur babies and I love them more than anything. Any donation, big or small, will help and i would appreciate it more than anything. I am grateful and thankful to whoever took the time to read this and donate.


  • Shelby Bartee 
    • $14 
    • 1 mo
  • S Rosario  
    • $200 
    • 1 mo
  • Julie Everett Boyd 
    • $25 
    • 1 mo
  • Mariah & Austin Parson 
    • $11 
    • 1 mo
  • Katelyn Dunlap 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
See all


Jullesa Elledge 
Abilene, KS
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more