My amazingly loving and supportive brother woke up in the middle of the night last night to choking from chemical smoke that filled his bedroom, he opened the door to a rush of heat that singed the hair on his face, he closed the door and was able to escape this devastating total loss home fire with his dog through his bedroom window. He kicked out the window AC unit and called to his dog Katara who took coaxing but did come to him.
He ran to the front of the house to try and grab a hose but it was on fire and his feet were burnt from the grass on fire by the hose. His work truck also went up in flames.
If you know TJ, you know that his passion and business is salt water aquariums - the fire took two tanks full of vibrant fish and corals (these were the sounds the news reports talked of - the two loud pops- the tanks exploding from the heat - all of the fish and coral gone) all of his business equipment and that’s just the beginning of the loss there’s nothing left - he is also one to save many memories and tokens from life and in his garage were all of them from high school papers and elementary school pictures to his years in the Marine Corps everything is gone. He has only a few clothes no credit card no wallet no drivers license no phone.
We are so thankful that he was able to get out and that his kids were not over last night as well as the firefighters saving his daughters bunny through the front window.
TJ is also somebody who supports go fund me and other causes all the time he supports other peoples passions from ALS to people hurt by natural disasters and people he sees on the street - he’s always helping others _ he’ll give you the shirt off his back - this is my small way of trying to let people know that he’s in need because I think anyone that knows him would want to help.
T.j. Did I did not have renters insurance and has to start over from nothing. Clothes a place to live a vehicle all of his business equipment.
Thank you for taking the time to consider contributing to this go fund me.