Help Fix Zoe’s Knee

Hi Everyone!
My name is Sarah and thank you for visiting the GoFundMe page for my fur-baby, Zoe.

I brought Zoe home just over 10 years ago and she quickly became the light of my life. She has taught me so many things, including to slow down and take care of myself. Our favourite thing is going on walks together on the trail by our house.

When Zoe was fairly young she was diagnosed with a luxating patella in her left hind leg. Basically, her kneecap had more movement than it should. For most of her life this hasn’t bothered her or slowed her down. She’s had occasional flair ups, but they would only last a few days and then she would be back to her normal crazy self.

Fast forward to the beginning of March 2019. Zoe started lifting her left hind leg and wouldn’t put weight on it. She was hopping around on three legs and it broke my heart ❤️. I tried to stay positive and prayed that she would bounce back. The vet gave Zoe anti-inflammatories; however, after a week she still wasn’t weight-bearing. Next step was xrays, which didn’t tell us too much except that there was a “joint mouse” (floating cartilage or bone). The vet also performed some manual tests and found quite a bit of movement in Zoe’s kneecap and suggested we meet with an orthopaedic surgeon.

While waiting for the consult, I’ve taken Zoe to a canine chiropractor and a canine physiotherapist in the hopes of alleviating any discomfort she might be in and improving her quality of life. She has started to weight bear a little bit on walks, but that’s it and it’s not very consistent.

Zoe and I met with an orthopaedic surgeon who has recommended MPL (Medial Patella Luxation) surgery to correct the luxation, or “popping out” of the patella (kneecap). In addition, they suspect there could be some cruciate ligament issues so they would also correct those if they are present.

Zoe’s surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 15 and I am terrified that something could go wrong, but I also know that her quality of life right now is not good and the surgery should improve it. Zoe’s vet thinks this is her best chance at getting her quality of life back. If we don’t do the surgery, Zoe’s condition will worsen.

The costs for the various tests, appointments, treatments, therapies, and now surgery are adding up and without pet insurance, it’s a lot to bear on a single income. It’s not easy for me to ask for help, but I would really appreciate it if you could help Zoe and I out.

Your support will cover costs associated with: Surgery: $3,000
X-rays, medications, blood work, laser treatments, other therapies, post-surgical care and surgical consult: $2,000.

I’m committed to giving Zoe the best care I can because I love her to the moon and back.

We're hopeful that with this surgery, Zoe and I will be able to go for our walks on the trail again soon.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and caring,
Sarah and Zoe

You can follow Zoe and updates on her surgery @zoe_thepuggle on instagram!


Sarah Tingle
Kitchener, ON

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.