Rhoda's first "taste" of SC...

Our little Rhoda, also known as "Rhododendron," "Rhoadster," "Girlie," "Squirrel," "Shroeder," and "Bunny Rabbit," had her first encounter with a Sago Palm on Sunday morning, May 12, 2013. Sago Palms, while beautiful, are extremely poisonous to dogs, cats, and children. The toxins of the palm causes liver failure.

Rhoda was admitted to the local emergency veterinary hospital that afternoon and given a 50% chance of survival. Since Sunday, her liver enzymes have risen to extremely high levels and her clotting levels have dropped drastically. She has been at risk of hemorrhaging and internal bleeding and liver failure; although it appears that after nearly four days in the ICU of the veterinary hospital, and after repeated blood transfusions, she is about to turn a corner.

We have been told that her recovery could be long and slow. It will require continued out patient care to draw blood and monitor her levels. Additional prescription medication may also be needed.

As of last night, May 14, we were quoted invoice estimates at $5,300 and the hospital does not offer any type of payment plan.


We kindly ask for your help and support by donating the RHODA FUND. If you are not able to assist financially, prayers are welcome and equally appreciated!

We will keep you all posted on her hopeful recovery.




Gratefully,

Kirk Sprinkles & Scott Pfeiffer
Victor & Rhoda

  • Amy Farmer 
    • $25 
    • 98 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 98 mos
  • Meladie Roberts 
    • $25 
    • 98 mos
  • Jenny Heck 
    • $100 
    • 98 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 98 mos
See all

Organizer

Kirk Sprinkles 
Organizer
Charleston, SC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more