With your help, we are going to send 13 custom fitted wheelchairs to 13 disabled children at the Melissa’s Hope Orphanage in Haiti.
Melissa's Hope is an orphanage in Haiti that is home to 22 kids, 13 with severe disabilities. It's also a school and day camp for 70 kids that has become a pillar in the community. Visiting Melissa's Hope is a breath of fresh air. It's staffed by good people who encourage the kids to learn and play in an atmosphere that feels a lot like summer camp.
An emerging concern however, is that the disabled children have grown out of their old and overused wheelchairs, chairs that are too small, and often held together with duct tape. But we have an amazing opportunity to fix this problem. Global Mobility, an organization that provides wheelchairs to people around the world, has committed to provide brand new, custom built and fitted wheelchairs to Melissa’s Hope for just $350 per wheelchair. This includes shipping and a team of experts who will personally fit each child to a new and comfortable wheelchair.
This is an exciting offer from a reputable organization, and we wholeheartedly accept. So on this campaign, our goal is to raise $5,600. This will pay for 13 wheelchairs, parts, tools, and 3 additional wheelchairs that will go to others in the community who need them.
Thanks so much for visiting this page. Absolutely any amount you donate is appreciated more than you know. If you can sponsor an entire wheelchair, wonderful! But every donation counts, and they add up quickly, so please don’t hesitate to give even a small amount.
In Haiti, the word “Pataje” means to share. Pataje is the guiding principal of Melissa’s Hope, and it is the inspiration behind this campaign. To learn more about Melissa’s Hope and the meaning of Pataje, see this beautiful video: http://melissashope.org/pataje/
. To learn more about Global Mobility, visit www.globalmobility.org
More details of our Pataje (Sharing) Mission:
• 100% of donations go toward the wheelchairs. No administration fee, no overhead costs, no waste.
• David Richards, the founder of Global Mobility, will provide the wheelchairs. Learn more about the chairs in this short video . Global Mobility will build the chairs at their factory in Guatemala and then travel to Haiti where they will custom fit each child's individual needs.
• DHL has agreed to deliver the wheel chairs at no charge! This is a huge cost savings for this mission.
• The funds raised on this campaign will go directly to global Mobility and you'll receive a receipt for your tax deductible contribution.
• Any donation you give brings us all closer to meeting our $5,600 goal. Small donations are absolutely welcome and appreciated. If you can donate $350, then you’ve covered an entire wheelchair! If you’d like to sponsor one of the children in particular, let us know and we’ll send you photos of that child in their new custom wheelchair.
Please donate today if you can! The sooner we raise the money, the sooner the children will receive the gift of mobility. I guarantee you won't regret it. And you'll gain good Karma in the process! :)
With Sincere gratitude,
SAM, CONNIE AND JULIAN