100 People Project is a South Florida based nonprofit organization that provides hope through action in underserved and under-resourced communities.
After Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, Alexis and Jordana (a pair of lifetime best friends) decided they wanted to be hands on and help. They started a fundraiser, collected donations & loaded a van with the most needed items. They then drove the van from South Florida to Houston, Texas to make sure the donations got into the right hands.
It was then that they realized they had found their calling. They wanted to help people full time. They started funding giveaways for single moms to buy groceries and Christmas gifts out of pocket but quickly realized they were not able to make a difference on as big a scale as they hoped with their personal funds.
in January of 2018, 100 People Project was officially created as a nonprofit organization. 100 People Project focuses on paying it forward through acts of kindness and events.
Their outreach includes:
- Annual back to school events where parents and teachers can get free backpacks & school supplies for the upcoming school year
- Providing gifts for the holidays for students in the Big Brother Big Sister of Broward program at Title 1 schools
- Clear lunch debt at Title 1 school so children can have a warm lunch
- Distributing 500 turkeys and meal kits for families in need for Thanksgiving
- Delivering groceries to single parents
- Sponsoring families for Christmas and delivering gifts for the children
- Providing funds to single parents for child care
- Provide meals, hygiene kits, sleeping bags & flashlights to those experiencing homelessness
- Emergency food, furniture & clothing assistance for domestic violence victims
- and much much more!
Your donations will help this nonprofit continue their mission to provide hope through action in their community. Future plans include a mentorship program, food pantry, year round grocery assistance & eventually housing assistance for single parents trying to get on their feet.
There is strength in numbers & together we are stronger than we can imagine. No donation is too small to make a difference. Together, we can start a chain reaction of kindness, hope and love that will better the lives of others.
- Carolina Silva
- Denisse Rojas
- Sonia Ortega
Pompano Beach, FL
100 People Project Inc.
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.