Cohen was diagnosed with Craniosynostosis when he was a month old. Which means that Cohens brain wasn’t able to grow due to his soft spots prematurely closing. He went through his first major open heart surgery surgery at 3 months old and then at 7 months old he went through his brain and cranial surgery. My family and I were told last week that Cohens optic nerves were starting to swell and get crowded which is a result of fluid and pressure on the brain.. his Opthamologist then immediately called his brain surgeon who did his first surgery back last year when Cohen was only 7 months old. We were scheduled to leave out of town to head Back to Vanderbilt for testing.. which resulted in them telling us that Cohens top sutures are completly shut and his frontal suture is barely open causing his brain not to grow which is what is putting pressure on the nerves. We were then told within 6 weeks we will be going through another major brain and cranial surgery with our now 18 month old little boy. We are doing fundraisers and this go fund me to help gather money for expenses. This is Cohens 3rd major surgery not counting the 10 stomach procedures he has had in his little life of 18 months. This momma is a mess to say the least so if you can’t donate please just pray for us as we start yet another dreadful adventure with our baby boy.
We are 19 days post op from our brain and cranial surgery. This has been a living nightmare.. our worst fears came to life. Our baby boy went into a coma for almost a week.. his whole tummy was paralyzed and wasn’t sending blood flow and oxygen to his intestines. They had to go in last week for a major stomach surgery to take out 20% of his colon out and had to have a colostomy bag placed in his tummy so he could use the bathroom. He has now developed a severe infection and has 2 abscesses on his colon and bowel. The infection is having to be taken care of by infectious disease because there is only one antibiotic in the world that can cure this bacteria that’s growing. We are now patiently waiting to have our baby boy back to normal. We will be here at least another 2/3 weeks and then back again in another 2-3 months for another major stomach surgery for our baby boy. If you can’t donate please just pray!