Help Me Develop Youth Leadership in Guelph
Thank you for giving to Helping Me To Develop Youth Leadership in Guelph. I have raised all the funds needed to .participate in the C2 Conference 2019 and the Movin'on Summit. They will help me to grow the capacity of Career Aviators to fund non-profit organizations in the provision of innovative leadership and play programs that strengthen youth dealing with stressful life situations.
I am overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity and encouragement of nearly of everyone I contacted and no words can properly express my sense of appreciation.
I commit to demonstrating that that all gifts to this campaign will give back to youth in Guelph over and over again.
Please follow me on ca.linkedin.com/in/wgreenway to hear about my experiences and ongoing work in this area.
As many of you know, through my personal passion and my social purpose company “Career Aviators”, I contribute to the growth of innovative youth leadership programming in Guelph and the surrounding area. I have been offered an opportunity that will allow me to expand the impact of Career Aviators and our charitable beneficiaries who receive 100% of our profit .
I have been selected as one of just 29 core speaker support volunteers for the prestigious C2 Conference 2019 and the Movin'on Summit in Montreal (May/June 2019). These conferences are renowned educational experiences that draw the top international thinkers and business leaders to focus on business development for a better planet. Learning from this community will provide me with innovative approaches and new networks to advance youth programming as I grow Career Aviators!
My volunteer acceptance waives the registration fee of $6000.00 for both conferences. Career Aviators is in its start-up phase and unfortunately, we don’t have a professional development fund to cover the associated costs. My volunteer participation at these conferences is contingent on raising these funds by May 8, 2019. I am seeking your assistance in financing the accommodation, meals, transportation etc - Below, I have provided a breakdown of these expenses.
Recent update: I am very grateful to an anonymous donor. Your gift will be matched with an equivalent amount until the donor reaches his total commitment of 500.00
What will your investment enable me to do?
● Gain the knowledge and contacts needed to reach the my goal of gifting $20,000.00 per year by 2023 for innovative youth leadership initiatives in Guelph through the work of Career Aviators
● Learn how to make experiential education work in larger, deeper and more intensive format to enrich the learning experiences that I plan and deliver on a local and national scale
● Learn innovative ways for collaborative action to positively change the lives of individuals, business, the environment and the community in Guelph. Toronto and across the country.
● Bring back information on how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be used to help rapidly propel clients into jobs in which they will excel, value highly, and love to do.
● Better understand the kinds of community based workplace changes that will be required as Artificial Intelligence (AI) begins to replace an increasing numbers of jobs
● Increase my understanding of the employee and community based changes needed to manage projected changes in workplace related commuting/ mobility
● Bring these ideas to the growth of organizations I collaborate with and support in Guelph and to the Centre for Social Innovation- Regent Park where I am a Desk Exchange Animator (DECA) and where I do my work in Toronto.
Projected Costs Associated with Attending the C2 Conference 2019 and the Movin'on Summit
Accommodation 13 days X 80. 00per night $1040.00
Meals 14 days X 50 per day $700.00
BusToronto to Montreal May 20/19 $65.00
Rail Transportation between conferences (to reduce accommodation and meals costs):
Bus Montreal to Kingston May 25/19 $35.00
Bus Kingston to Montreal June 2/19 $35.00
Bus Montreal to Toronto June 8/19 $40.00
Bus Transportation Total $175.00
Local Transit 12 days X 12.00 per day $144.00
Other Expenses 12 days X 10.00 $120.00
Go Fund Me Goal 2179 .00