Kirk Ingram's Recovery
$104,837 of $100,000 goal
Tragedy has struck, but hope remains. Kirk is alive. Yesterday, while enjoying a beautiful summer day with friends on Lake Minnetonka, Kirk playfully dove into the water, and unfortunately struck the bottom, injuring his neck. The injury is severe. He was rescued by his friends, a nearby doctor and EMT, and local authorities, then air lifted to North Memorial Hospital, where he underwent complex surgery for several hours. Melissa, baby Alexa, his parents, sister, grandparents, and more family and friends, gathered at the hospital and waited throughout the night. The doctor met us early this morning with news that the surgery to stabilize his spine was successful. However, Kirk's spinal cord was damaged, leaving him with little to no feeling in his arms or legs. This damage may be permanent. Those of you who know Kirk, know that he has amazing physical strength and will power. If anyone can defy the odds and overcome this injury, it is Kirk. No one works harder or demands more of himself than Kirk. In the ICU, he was awake and aware -- thinking first and foremost of the other people who are affected. He remains our hero. We will try to provide you with regular updates on this website. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. Kirk has a long road ahead. Yet we know that, with God, all things are possible. (Written on behalf of the family by John C. - loving father-in-law)
"Lake Elmo Bank as Trustee of the Kirk Ingram Supplemental Needs Trust" and mail to: Lake Elmo Bank, Trust Services Dept., 600 Inwood Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128
1. He doesn't sit still. Relaxing for him is playing yard games, working on projects around the house and inviting as many people as possible to any event.
2. He works harder than anyone I've ever known.
3. He hates spelling.
4. He loves MN sports - Gopher Football, Gopher Hockey, Twins, Wild, and tailgating.
5. His signature dance drove Melissa crazy with embarrassment.
6. Family, friends and faith are the most important things to him.
7. He treats everyone like family and can sweet talk anyone into a smile (or a discount).
8. He loves to travel and plans to visit every continent.
9. He plans every event, trip and day down to the minute driving many of us crazy - but most go off without a hitch and when the rest of us plan anything it doesn't go as well.
10. He is the best Dad and keeps asking everyone to take care of his girls.
Kirk, then there after surviving my airplane crash 12 years ago. It is extremely hard to stay in touch with family, friends, and other parts of your life or even as simple as picking what you want to watch a TV. I now make solutions specifically for people going through this type of traumatic life experience. Feel free to call -I have tricks for doubling your strength in weeks. www.BroadenedHorizons.com/blog/author
... Dear Brian, Teresa, and rest of family. My heart receives those sad news in a heavy way for your child. Our prayer in this household is for peace and recovery on this tragic time for all of you. We lift Kirk to our Lord for a fast return home with all of you and his beloved wife and baby Alexa . In Jesus name we plead, we pray !