Anthony's Army

$16,365 of $15,000 goal

Raised by 157 people in 45 months
Katie Miceli
on behalf of Nikki Miceli
Team Rea joins forces with Anthony's Army to Beat Neuroblastoma TOGETHER

Our sweet 3 year old friend, Anthony Miceli, has Stage IV High Risk Neuroblastoma. He received the same diagnosis as Rea, at around the same time last year, when they were both just 2 years old. He was put on the same exact protocol. He underwent an aggressive treatment plan consisting of chemotherapy, surgery (his left adrenal gland and kidney were resected), transplant, radiation, and immunotherapy. Anthony just completed inpatient treatment in July of this year, and had been doing well and in remission since before his transplant last November. But sadly, last week it was discovered that he has relapsed. There are no established protocols for this diagnosis at relapse; only clinical trials to choose from, and the Neuroblastoma specialists and most of the appropriate medical options are outside of the Tampa Bay area, where we reside. Their current plan is to fly out to consult with both Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia before making a decision about Anthony's treatment and moving forward with it.

Nikki is Anthony's mother. She is an amazing single mom; brave, hardworking, strong, smart, loving, and kind. Although she is no doubt a superwoman, she can't - and shouldn't have to - do this alone. Nikki owns a barber shop, and as you can imagine it has been difficult to be there as much as she'd like to be. To now add the challenge of traveling back and forth out of state for treatment, balancing her #1 priority and focus of Anthony's health and well-being and her career will be nearly impossible to manage. I know we have the most compassionate and generous family and friends in the world, and those who know me know I wouldn't ask for a thing unless it was absolutely crucial and close to my heart. They are on my mind 24/7. PLEASE, Team Rea, let's also be part of Anthony's Army. Rally with us and help this sweet boy kick cancer's ass again...and for good!

Any amount helps and means something to us. This donation page is where all proceeds from the Rockin' with Rea event (
and any other monetary gifts received by our family for Anthony will go. Nikki will have full access to these funds for Anthony's care, comfort, travel, and anything else they may need to assist them during this difficult time. Thanks in advance for your support. If you are unable to donate, please know that your positive thoughts and prayers are valued and appreciated.

+ Read More
Anthony update: we’ve officially heard back from Dr. Mosse and her team at CHOP. Before leaving philly Anthony had a bone marrow biopsy done to find out if the cancer in his chest and lungs were the same as the new spot found in his hip/pelvis and femur. Good news is the foundation test came back positive that the disease is still the same ALK positive. And with the good news comes the bad, they also discovered a new mutation in his cancer that from our understanding is hereditary, which we they will discuss with us when we get there. We were asked to be in philly by this coming up Wednesday as there is one seat left on a trial designed to target ALK positive disease. What this means for Anthony, he will be on two medications and no more IV CHEMO! We will be there for about 6 weeks to monitor his labs and watch for reactions to the new drugs, considering it is a PHASE 1 study. Anthony will scan Wednesday and Thursday and we will meet with the team on Friday to discuss the results. Please keep Anthony in your thoughts and prayers as this will be another big adjustment in his life. Thank you all for your love and support. Let’s pray that this is his home run! ❤️
Just a boy and his best friend. ❤️
+ Read More
As you all know Anthony went to Michigan to start a new medication in early may. With a heavy heart we regret to inform you all that Anthony has once again relapsed. We will be heading out to Philadelphia to be treated by doctor Mossé and her team up north. Anthony has been in pain and feeling down, as expected. At this time we ask for everyone to keep Anthony in their thoughts and prayers as he has to take on the fight of his life, once again.
+ Read More
To all of our family and friends, I have so much joy sharing with everyone about Anthony's LONG TERM treatment plan to keep our sweet superhero CANCER FREE. Anthony's three month scans in march marked three months cancer free. Since, Anthony has stopped all IV Chemo therapy and has strictly been subjected to oral therapy (alk inhibitor) we are once again awaiting scans in early may. He is, as always, active and in good spirits. Unfortunately Anthony's insurance has denied our first request to bring him out of state to continue treatment in Michigan. Where we have requested to start DFMO a maintenance drug as well as staying on his ALK inhibitor in hopes of preventing the cancer from coming back. The doctors at chop have told us there is nothing more they can do for him as of our current status. Which is bitter sweet. As many of you know Anthony's relapse rate is much greater being that he has relapsed already. To wait on insurance approval puts Anthony's at relapse risk. Approvals can take up to six additional weeks. We will never stop fighting for our sweet boy. We have decided to go forth with Anthony's treatment in Michigan, pending clear scans early may. We thank you all for your prayers and love. We have such a huge support group and we could have never made it this far without each and every single one of you. We ask that everyone keeps Anthony in their thoughts and prayers in the following weeks as we await scans and hope that the new treatment plan gives Anthony a long and healthy life.
Just a boy and his bestfriend.
+ Read More
As most of you already know Anthony scanned two weeks ago and consulted with CHOP last Wednesday. His CT scan showed two nodules have grown by about 1mm each and his MIBG was more avid in one area, meaning there was a possibility of progression of disease. Which is why we didn't update until we had all of our answers. Fortunately Dr. Mossé and her team at CHOP were able to take a closer look at Anthony's scans and have ruled it as stable disease. This is great news, his current treatment plan is still working and all the other nodules are still shrinking!! Our new plan is to keep Anthony on his ALK inhibitor at an increased amount and keep his current IV chemo regimen for two more cycles.. Then we will repeat a CT scan and decide once again what is in Anthony's best interest. At that point two trails should be available if needed. And we are looking at another follow up visit in 6-8 weeks, following his scans. We are waiting on word from NY whom we were denied a second consult with but they are willing to have a phone conference hopefully sometime this upcoming week. We are eager to hear what options Anthony has there as well. We thank you all for your continued prayers and support through Anthony's journey!! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as we will once again be awaiting scans and starting chemo this Monday. Anthony is looking and feeling great and ready to tackle two more cycles!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.

$16,365 of $15,000 goal

Raised by 157 people in 45 months
Created August 2, 2015
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
Colleen A. Pikos
15 months ago

Belated but not forgotten for this angel! You have the greatest love if all in heaven, Little Anthony! Love, Colleen xo+++

Ana Lek
17 months ago

Stay strong

John Brokalakis
18 months ago

We love you so much Anthony!! We are praying for you every single day! Love , Your best friend Georgie

Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.