Community Recovery Center
The Recovery Center is part of our new nonprofit, Reality Check, and will tentatively launch in Jaffrey, NH in the fall of 2017. $500,000 will pay for two years of all services and supports, staff salaries, and operations.
The Center will be a place of healing and health where people get support to begin and maintain their recovery from addiction. The Center will be a safe, peer-centered place existing to build solid recovery networks. People learn the importance of “paying it forward" - meaning we are only truly successful if we also help others be successful. See www.realitychecknow.org to learn about the other services we are providing.
The Recovery Center will provide:
- trained Recovery Coaches for people
- various addictions support groups
- referrals & support for interventions for loved ones
- telephone support check-ins
- scholarships to become a Recovery Coach
- free, ongoing recovery monitoring for up to 3 years
- the Recovery Coach Academy 3 times each year
- education to become an addictions professional (CPS, LADC, CRSW), get a GED or college degree
- various trainings in mental health, recovery and more
- recovery-related events and volunteer opportunities
- activities to improve mental, physical, & spiritual health
- in Phase 2, we will offer on-site out-patient (non-residential) treatment with Master Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselors
Community recovery supports are crucial to have in communities as they enable people to remain strong in recovery, develop solid networks, and prevent relapse. We will work to get a recovery center in every community in New Hampshire.
WHO ARE WE?
Reality Check is a new non-profit in Jaffrey, NH, offering prevention plan development, supported treatment referrals, recovery services, and support to become an addictions professional to increase NH's workforce. We are committed to providing comprehensive services, building partnerships to reduce alcohol and drug use and overdoses, and ensuring people have access to recovery support services where they live.
OUR MISSION -
Reduce youth and adult alcohol and drug use and overdoses by providing prevention education and planning, treatment referrals, and recovery supports to New Hampshire residents.
OUR VISION -
Empowered people and communities collectively and continually support each other.
VALUES STATEMENT -
Treat people with dignity, compassion, and respect
Value the contributions of everyone
Practice integrity in all interactions
Continually increase awareness that addiction and mental heatlh are preventable, treatable diseases.
As a socially responsible agency, staff are paid a living wage at hire and provided access to supports to maximize personal health.
We warmly thank you for considering to give to our cause and positively impact the drug epidemic. Your support is what makes our work possible.
With humility and gratitude -
The Reality Check staff, volunteers, and everyone we will serve.