Help for Pam Sorooshian
Pam Sorooshian has helped thousands of families over the years find a better way to educate their children and live peaceful joyful lives.
Now she needs your help. Despite regular checks, Pam was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2016. In March, she had a double mastectomy. Cancer cells were found in her lymph nodes so those were removed as well. We know she will need chemo and radiation in the near future. She has limited mobility right now and won't be able to do much cooking, cleaning, or carrying her adorable grandbabies.
We are all certain that she can beat this - but here's what YOU CAN DO to help Pam!
Your donation can help:
- Bring a steady stream of healthy food into the home;
- Pay for house cleaning;
- Buy her a new laptop (hers broke in the middle of all of this and she would love to continue to help people online as she recovers. )
She's on her way home today (March 15th) - there may be more things she needs but we don't know yet. I will keep you posted here.
The money will go straight to her oldest daughter, Roya Dedeaux's account so they can access it right away.
Please take a second and help out.
• Last Friday, doctors confirmed that some of the breast cancer has spread to her uterus. This means that she will have a hysterectomy in the near future.
• She got out of the house on Saturday to go to a local bookstore for Elana Arnold's book signing. She was really tired from it, but was SO glad she went.
• Her drains were removed yesterday and she feels a lot better from that. She has full range of motion in her one arm, and the other arm (where the lymph nodes were removed) is still sore, not 100% yet, but improving.
• Home health is coming out to draw blood and check on her. She's doing her own anti-coagulant injections without any problem.
• She still has minimal pain from all of this.
• Cyrus returns to work on Thursday. He needs to have surgery for his neck very soon, so that's on the near horizon too.
• She has 2-3 doctor appts. scheduled each week - lots of information to process.
• Treatment plans keep changing so that's a little overwhelming. First she was going to have only hormone therapy. Then when the doctor saw her, she found her to be healthier than anticipated and thought her body could handle the chemotherapy too. So it looks like she'll do a combination of the two. She may look for a second opinion, just to be sure. The surgeon says she has to have radiation too because they didn't have clean margins when they removed the breast tumor.
• She was just informed she has to have bone scan on March 28th. (3 hour appt.)
• Pam *may * need help with driving to appointments once Cyrus goes back to work, but we'll see. She's thinking she may be able to drive herself to lots of them - depending on how she feels. I'll keep you posted on this.
• I've been increasing the financial goal for this fundraiser, because, as you can see, things change. An additional issue is the loss of Pam's income from teaching - especially if the course of treatment is extended.
Don't be surprised if you see me increase the goal again - I just want to give people the opportunity to contribute and help the Sorooshians.
Also, for those who are worried, Pam is fine with being completely open about what's happening. You're more than welcome to share the updates and/or the fundraiser.
She does ask that people do not write to her about various courses of treatment or alternatives that she could try. She researches everything on her own (of course!) and would prefer to not have additional info thrown at her.
Also, just so you know, she's not reading here. She hasn't felt up to reading the comments, so I'm just filling her in over the phone with names I know she'd recognize and occasional updates about the amounts. She's sooo grateful for all your generosity and well-wishes!
OK! I think that's a lot to think about for now. I'll be back to tell you more as info rolls in. Please keep sharing the fundraiser - the expenses are probably going to be more than anyone originally expected.
Also last night she self-administered the anti-coagulant (blood thinner) shot - without a problem! She's not really in much pain at all but she is really upset about Her future medical costs. She is accustomed to good insurance and low copays, but unfortunately, her costs are going up a LOT. The blood thinners alone will be $350 EVERY MONTH - probably for life! That's the cost of a car payment! She was not planning for that!
If you made a donation - THANK YOU! Please share this fundraising campaign on your wall.
Pam would NEVER ask you to do that - or even ask for help! Neither would her family! But I will. And I know that many many people would like an opportunity to help Pam now in her hour of need. ❤️
Please encourage others to donate - every little bit helps! Thank you so much for supporting the Sorooshians!
I will keep you posted!