CARD needs your help! Go Fear-Free
Thank you for supporting our campaign!
Since the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, CARD has championed making emergency readiness and disaster response a positive, accessible, and empowering experience for the people who need it most. As disasters have grown more complex, politicized, and scary; we've worked to make preparedness easier, more beneficial, and decidedly fear-free.
We have glowing evaluations, multiple awards, accolades, and REAL EMERGENCY successes, but we've still faced steep cuts in our government funding, so we are turning to you - because ANY further cuts to our small team will be felt in the nonprofit community we serve. Here are a few ways you can help:
(1) Support this GoFundMe campaign! With crowd funding campaigns more people give IF they see their friends giving and posting. Ways that you can support this campaign include:
- Donations of ANY size, even sent anonymously, will be a great help. The GoFundMe site makes it easy.
- Posts on social media - sharing what YOU value about our services. Using the hashtags #GoFearFree and #CARDcanhelp would be great.
- Emails to friends introducing them to CARD's alternative approach. Most people simply don't know that preparedness can be fast, fun, easy, AND fear-free.
(2) Invest in a CARD class, webinar, or consultation . You can choose the topic, or we have suggestions.
(3) Purchase items from CARD: shop our Zazzle Store , get CARD's ebook "Words of Wisdom to Push, Promote, and Empower Preparedness" , purchase "Rich Board, Poor Board" by Caryl Hallberg. (Please shop at http://smile.amazon.com and specify CARD as the nonprofit you are supporting).
(4) Need disaster supplies for your business? Just send us an email with your contact information to: "EmergencySupplies@CARDcanhelp.org" and our supply partner will be happy to serve you.
(5) If you have a minimum of 25 devices with internet access, please check out the mobile management services from our partners at VisageMobile . Even their free service, VisagePulse, is pretty remarkable. Sign up using CARD's link , and CARD will benefit.
(6) Create a matching gift. We already have a partner willing to seek matches. We simply need the visionary leader to start the fund.
If you have people in your circle who do not yet understand the damage caused by relentless fear-based messaging, please share this paper with them, have them listen to this radio broadcast , or read this article .
In our "Prepare to Prosper!" model, readiness is a loving, empowering, and beautiful pursuit - without "disasters" as the engine driving the actions.
Thank you for supporting CARD, and for helping ALL people to have access to the preparedness that they need.
With much appreciation,
Ruth Stroup, a local Farmers Insurance agent, has generously donated a $5,000 matching grant to CARD to help us reach the team goal of 100K by Wednesday.
Do you know a person or a company looking to make a huge difference for Oakland or nonprofits serving vulnerable people? It's this kind of generosity that will make the difference.
The place to donate, for people not comfortable with crowdsourcing sites is: http://cardcanhelp.org/how-to-help/donate
Thank you all for your help, support, and commitment to vulnerable people surviving and thriving in the face of emergencies.
Best to you all!
Going fear-free and making readiness easy for ALL communities is what we do, and your help to ensure that CARD can continue to offer these services for our most vulnerable communities is greatly appreciated!
If you haven't seen it yet, below is a link to an article from the Post News Group. It provides a snapshot of some of the unique services CARD provides to our community.
Please share it in your circles. Many business leaders don't realize how important CARD's services are to their own continuity. Every business needs daycare, eldercare, feeding programs, and other service providers to respond well, keep everyone safe, and be able to stay open throughout an emergency.
Service providers rely on CARD to make emergency preparedness, disaster response, and business continuity easy, accessible, and possible for them.
with gratitude for your support!
It's been wonderful to hear people share their CARD success stories. Yesterday, at the ribbon-cutting ceremony for PG&E's new facility in Concord, an executive director from a Contra Costa County nonprofit shared that she saw a CARD presentation 6 or 7 years ago. It made her bump preparedness to much higher level at her agency.
And, she said I gave her a big "ah-ha" moment about the importance of social media for her agency and clients with disabilities!
The severe cuts and delays in our funding are creating this urgent need for dollars, and sharing your commitment to fear-free readiness with your circle of friends is one of the best ways to help.
By ensuring that we survive, you're helping your community to thrive!
Thank you so much,