Put The B Back In Denver LGBT Pride
Being gay or a lesbian within the LGBT community is to be supported. However, bisexual often means it is hard to get support from the both average person and the LGBT community. The community that is meant to support bisexuals ends up hurting them further.
Biphobia and bi erasure are huge problems. Bi erasure is the belief that bisexuals do not deserve equal status or inclusion in the gay or lesbian community or that people can only be gay or straight. Biphobia is similar to homophobia. Biphobia is aversion toward bisexuality and bisexual people as a social group or as individuals. People of any sexual orientation can experience or perpetuate such feelings of aversion. Biphobia is a source of discrimination against bisexual people, and may be based on negative bisexual stereotypes or irrational fear.
Pansexuality is the sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender. PAVES is trying to raise awareness and acceptance for both bisexuality and pansexuality.
Bisexuals and pansexuals are more likely to:
- Been told by straights, gays, and lesbians that their sexual orientation isn't real, is just a phase, that I am confused, or is being greedy.
- Have no representation in media by characters that are proudly bisexual
- Have people tell them their orientation is based on what gender they are dating.
- Be abused, stalked, or raped
- Have PTSD
- Be paid less
- Being fired for being bisexual
- Deal with the assumption that they spread and are more likely to have STIs
- Deal with a bias in research on bisexuality
- Deal with the assumption they can't be a responsible parent
Support us by donating or sharing this page.
Thank you so much for supporting us and I hope you will continue to and encourage your friends to help as well.
If you want to help with the float or be in the parade please message me.
Here is the link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/510287859167694/
Thank you for your support and please share with your friends if you want to help but cannot donate or make it to the Scavenger Hunt.