"B's Battle" Fight Against Sarcoma

$10,811 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 155 people in 23 months
Early April our family went on vacation, while on vacation we noticed a lump on our sons back when he was in the crouched position.  We figured it was something he did playing like any other bump, bruise, or scrape a 3yr old boy would get. When we returned home we waited a week to see if the spot would go down.  After the week it didn't go away so we made an apointment with our doctor to have her look at it (4/21/2016).  She wasn't sure what the spot was either but felt she should order an ultra-sound to see if she could see something. A few days later we took our son to the to the hospital for the ultra-sound (4/26/2016).  By the time we made it back to work the doctor called and told us we needed to go to Peyton Manning's childrens hospital in the morning. The spot was not benign and needed to be looked at by a Pediatric surgeon.  Scared and confused we went the next day to meet with the Pediatric surgeon (4/27/2016). The same with our family doctor he didn't know for sure what the lump was from and ordered an MRI for the next day along with an appointment with the Oncologist.  He was honest enough to let us know that we wouldn't see him again for if the lump needed to be removed he would send us to an Neurosurgeon since it was so close to the spine.  As we traveled back home our hearts sank, What could this be? Why are we meeting with an Oncologist? What is going on with our son? What are we going to do? As another restless night passed we took our son back to Peyton Manning for the MRI the next morning (4/28/2016). After the procedure they sent us to meet with the Oncologist. We met with the Oncologist who made us aware of her concern after reading the MRI results. She didnt want to speculate on what she thought it was but wanted to get more information on the lump she called Sarcoma. She then sent us to the Neurosurgeon who met with us the same day. After meeting with him he told us rather than just taking a Biopsy he would rather take the whole tumor out. We all agreed that this should be done and that we should do this as soon as possible. As we traveled back home still not knowing exactly what it was other than a SARCOMA TUMOR. We spent a weekend speculating, researching, and worring. We returned to Peyton Manning for surgery on Tuesday morning (5/3/2016). The procedure took three hours and the Neurosurgeon met with us after words and told he felt he removed the whole tumor but had to take a little more muscle than expected. They put us on the third floor after the surgury which is the last place we wanted to be because we knew this floor was the Cancer floor. We spent the next two day wondering how this happened to our son. He has never been sick, not even an ear infection or sore throat. Now we are in the Hospital recovering from major surgery waiting to hear for sure what it was. On Thursday afternoon the Oncolosist came in and told us the initial results of the pathology report of the mass Rhabdomyosarcoma or RMS and that is was Embryonal. She wanted to get a few more test done that day so we went for an Catscan, Bonescan, and another MRI. The next day she met with us to let us know that there was still residual spots left on the bones in our son. We would need to start Chemo and Radiation next week after central line port would be put in his chest.  So in 1 month we went from what we thought was a bump or bruise on our sons back to having it removed and on a 43 week treatment plan. Whats next? How are we going to do all of this? How did this happen? How are we going to afford all the travel and time off work? Our eldest son is graduating and can we juggle everything?
+ Read More
We wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for there show of support for B and our family over the last few days. B has been made an honorary Sheriff, chased bad guys, played with the police dogs, and has been given numerous gifts from all branches of law enforcement. The Dr. called yesterday and we have been given a date for the first set of scans since starting the new trial medicine. We go in on May 7th in the morning and should know something by that afternoon. If the tumors have not grown or have shrunk in size we will continue with the plan if the tumors have grown we will be kicked off and go from there. Thank you for your continued support and prays and we continue this journey of life with B.
+ Read More
UPDATE: We received a phone call from Brantley’s oncologist, and after consulting with the specialist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital they don’t believe that removing the tumors from the lungs would be our best option as this would have more harsh long term effects......however they did say that Brantley was the perfect candidate for a trial that’s has proven effective in adults with sarcoma and other soft tissue cancers. This is huge and great news for us. This trial is only in phase 2 and has just now been introduced to children, and the doctors are all very optimistic! We don’t have all the fine print details right now, but can say that this is an amazing opportunity

Please please please pray that this is the answer we have been waiting for and that this will get this nasty cancer out of his body for good

Much love and hugs to all of you
~The Rayburn’s

Well here it is......Brantley’s cancer is back yet again. He has 2 spots on right lung and 1 on his left. The largest of those spots being 1.5cm....unfortunately Brantley has reached his maximum lifetime doses of the chemo, so his oncologist was going to reach out to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and a few other specialist to see if there was another option as far as medication goes. One other option she mentioned was removal of the tumors and more radiation. We should know by the end of the week what plan the doctor is going to recommend

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. This fight isn’t over yet, we will win this battle.
+ Read More
So this week B hasn't been himself. So we came to the Dr. today to get labs rather than have home health come to the house. His counts are super low so now we are waiting on blood and platelets to get delivered because he needs both. This will delay our chemo scheduled for Monday but not sure when. This has taken its toll on him and us hopefully we can find the strength to get through this next round of chemo. Please keep B in your thoughts and prayers as we continue this journey. We are all looking forward to getting on with our lives and B is so ready to just be a kid and go to school.
+ Read More
Day one of five but we got the new scuba room...
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
Kara Raychelle
23 months ago
1
1

Please give him a hug and a kiss for me. I love this little guy so much. My thoughts are with you guys.

+ Read More
Kalen Edwards
23 months ago
1
1

Kalen, Michelle, Presley and Declan... Continue to Fight

+ Read More
Jessica Miller
23 months ago
1
1

Im praying for you all. Ive shared this & hopefully that will get you guys some more help. If we can do anything please let us know. I hate that you guys are going through this.

+ Read More
Corey Lobo Davis
12 months ago

I'm going to do everything that I can possibly do, to get every biker whom I know, to help you raise money needed. I will be praying for all of you. Much love, Corey

+ Read More

$10,811 of $25,000 goal

Raised by 155 people in 23 months
Created May 9, 2016
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
$100
Anonymous
8 days ago
$10
Anonymous
9 days ago
TE
$10
Tim Ellsworth
11 days ago

I hope you can "nip it in the bud" like that famous deputy Barney Fife.

CA
$20
clarence altig
11 days ago

Sending prayers to B and family !!!

JS
$25
Judith Spradley
12 days ago

Praying for you "deputy".

Kara Raychelle
23 months ago
1
1

Please give him a hug and a kiss for me. I love this little guy so much. My thoughts are with you guys.

+ Read More
Kalen Edwards
23 months ago
1
1

Kalen, Michelle, Presley and Declan... Continue to Fight

+ Read More
Jessica Miller
23 months ago
1
1

Im praying for you all. Ive shared this & hopefully that will get you guys some more help. If we can do anything please let us know. I hate that you guys are going through this.

+ Read More
Corey Lobo Davis
12 months ago

I'm going to do everything that I can possibly do, to get every biker whom I know, to help you raise money needed. I will be praying for all of you. Much love, Corey

+ Read More
or
Or, use your email…
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.