Karen Hernandez OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
I was told today by the Code Enforcement Agent that in order for me to keep Wilbur in my home that I need to appeal my violation in front of the Board of Adjustment, I also found out that it is going to cost me 1200.00 to file the applicaiton. If anyone knows this is that Wilbur is a family member and we have had him since he was 3 weeks old, he is now 2 years old it will kill me to get rid of him. He is house trained and a very good house pet. During the last tornando that we had here in Oklahoma City in 2013, we loaded him up in the back of our truck and took him with us, he is 220lbs, so it was a bit of a challenge, but we managed to load him and get him to saftey, we were able to get him to a safe place and he stayed in my friends dad's house in the bathroom until everything calmed down. Now with our storm shelter in place we plan on getting him down there if there is another tornado, so if you can understand how much we love him and how much we care about him, he is not just a pig but a special family member to us. We will do anything to keep him with us, he is microchipped and has his rabies shots and all his shots. I also have him tattoed on my arm. Please please please help me raise the money to file this application so that I can keep him, he is an Emotional Service Animal, the inspector verified that he is an ESA animal but his is not budging on letting me have him, he told me I have to find a new home for him until the Board of Adjustments says yes or no, so I have to spend 1200.00 plus 200.00 for the ticket the code enforcement agent is giving me then I have to go before a panel to see if they will give me a variance to keep him. I will promise you that I have total turst in the lord and pray that I win this appeal. If you can open your hearts to helping me raise this money to help me keep Wilbur, my family will be forever in your debt. Please share this with your family and friends and any news stations to help me on this situation. Please pray for our family and for Wilbur for him to stay with us in our home. He is not causing anyone any harm and is a inside pet pig he has his own room and is house trained. Please open your heart and helps us save Wilbur.
@ Brittany Jade >>> I already spoke to News9, we bought this dog back in March way before I got the notice about Wilbur on April 21st, my dog was already purschased in March. How I paid for it is none of your concern. Please stop being rude, I was told that there would be people like you out there, I pray to God that you change and you do something more productive. I blocked you cause you were rude and just starting calling me a scammer, the money has not been used and I already stated if you ever remember looking at the video that the money would be returned if I don't use it to go to court. Before you go judging people maybe you need to do a little bit more research. There are people like you that give good people like myself a bad rep. I am not a scammer and you should really move on, like I said I will pray for you. I blocked you because I don't know you and you seem to be a mean person who I do not want to get to know. Thank you!
Since I have to fight this, I am waiting until the next deadline so the laywers can look in to my case under the FHA law.
I want to thank everyone for the help raising the money, I have consultate a laywer and are looking into my case before I file on the 30th of May. I am hoping that they will take on my case since he is an ESA animal. This has been very stressfull and I just want to keep my animal. I have by 12pm on the 30th to file. I also have the help of petpigzone.com Becky and Tracy from the Hamlet Farm who is helping me fight this, I could not do it without these two ladies. It has been hard on me and my family knowing that I either have to rent my home out and move or give him up. It is hard to give up someone since you raised him since he was 3 weeks old. I will keep eveyone updated on what is going on. Please pray for Wilbur and for the Board of Adjustments that they change the ordience. If not I will be going to City Hall and fighting this.
I have raised the money for the appeal, but now they are still telling me I have to house him somewhere else until I can see if they will approve me to keep him, I should not have to go through this, he is an ESA Certified animal but keep praying for Wilbur, it will just kill me to give him up.. now so that I don't get fined I have to board him somewhere, that is going to be hard, he is spoiled and likes the AC and his little cot that he sleeps on. I hope it does not cost alot to board him. But thank you for all your kind words and support to Help Save Wilbur.
Help spread the word!
34 shares on Facebook