Rachel's Get-My-Best-Life-Back Fund
Beginning in the summer of 2012, I ran into financial trouble that resulted in me having to go off of hormone replacement therapy for my gender dysphoria and drop out of college.
In the spring of 2013, I had to move in with my father in Pecos, more than 70 miles from my home town of Albuquerque.
Additionally, in October 2013 I had an accident at my last job that Workers' Comp refused to cover-- fortunately I still have my insurance, but the copay for my ambulance is still more than I can afford.
As you may well have imagined, as someone who already battles depression and severe anxiety, the events of the last two years have only served to exacerbate these issues, to the point that they have begun to interfere with my daily functioning.
I want to pay off my medical bills before my credit rating hits the toilet, I want to come home to Albuquerque, and I want to resume my transition.
Your donation will help me:
* Pay for gas so that I can hopefully find a job that will be accommodating of my physical and psychological limitations.
* Accumulate savings that will allow me to move back to Albuquerque, where I will be closer to my loved ones and be able to eliminate many commuting-related expenses.
* Obtain legal advice and up-to-date medical records so that I can (hopefully) obtain disability benefits through Social Security.
* Resume the hormone replacement therapy I need to battle my gender dysphoria and successfully medically transition.
* Begin laser hair-removal treatments as part of my transition.
* Have my name legally changed, and the name and gender marker on my ID documents corrected.
* Begin saving up for surgical procedures I intend to undergo as part of my transition, including either an orchiectomy or a vaginoplasty.
* Pay off my medical bills, hopefully with my credit rating intact.
Although my goal amount is high, I do not expect to reach it quickly. My initial goal is between $500 and $1000. However I wish to defray as much of my transition expenses as possible, so I have elected to aim high.
Thank you very much for your patronage.