Test Patterns, A Weird Fiction Antho
a weird fiction anthology.
When the regular programming ends, the Test Patterns begin…
The concept; a collection of short speculative fictions written with classic television shows such as The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, and The Night Gallery, in mind. These will be the dreams and nightmares one finds themselves waking from after watching that eerie midnight movie, only to find themselves bathed in the gray glow of the test pattern on the TV screen. A collection of richly varied stories which might impart a moral, inspire thought, offer meaning, inspire hope, or instill dread. Tales told in unique ways, employing provocative twists and surprises, and exploring the universal themes of humanity and self-discovery through the lenses of horror, fantasy, and science fiction.
This will be the premier publication and flagship anthology of Planet X Publications, a new press founded in California in 2017 by Michael Adams. Author and musician Duane Pesice of Planet Moderan Press is serving as editor-in-chief of this volume, bringing in diverse talent from (literally) around the world to delight and disturb our readers with brand new tales of the weird and otherworldly. If successful, we hope to make Test Patterns an annual series, showcasing the best and brightest writers working in weird fiction today, and the emerging talents who will become household names in the years to come.
TOC for volume one is as follows:
1. Joe Pulver – The Woman in the Forge of Saturday Night
2. Scott Graves – Evidence of Absence
3. William Tea -- I Am Become Death
4. Philip Fracassi – The Judge
5. Sarah Walker – The Snake Beneath My Skin
6. Ashley Dioses – The Hands of Chaos*
7. Peter Rawlik – The Nomenclature of Unutterable Horrors
8. SL Edwards – Golden Girl
9. Brian O’Connell -- Scenes From a Forgotten Diorama
10. Jill Hand – You Can’t Go Wrong With Grass-Fed Beef
11. Ruth Asch -- Abettor*
12. Pete Carter – Work Group
13. Sean M. Thompson – The Cliffside Tavern
14. Nathan Carson – The Velveteen Volvo
15. Frederick J. Mayer – Outre Non-limitations*
16. Frederick J. Mayer -- The Kumiho Question
17. Can Wiggins – I’ve Lived in This Place a Long Time
18. Frank Coffman – The White Terror
19. John Claude Smith – Symptom of the Universe
20. Scott J Couturier – Sustenance of the Stars
21. RF Martin – Alien Shore
22. Adam Bolivar – Ye Hermit’s Lay*
23. Don Webb – Bridge
24. Russell Smeaton – Balls
25. Matthew M Bartlett – Call Me Corey
26. Cody Goodfellow – Hero Mother
27. Mark Rainey – Red-Eye
28. KA Opperman – Séance*
29. Duane Pesice – Looking for Ghosts
*denotes poetic work
The proceeds of this Go Fund Me campaign will go directly to the publication of this book by providing funds to pay our authors, cover artist, and printing costs.
Rewards for donors will be as follows;
Those who make a contribution of $5 will receive an eBook, in the format of your choice, Mobi, ePub, or PDF, of Test Patterns when it is available.
Those who make a contribution of $20 will receive a paperback copy of Test Patterns, plus an eBook version.
Those who make a contribution of $40 will receive a limited edition hardcover edition of Test Patterns, plus an eBook version.
Anyone seeking multiple copies or combinations of rewards, may donate the amount covering multiple rewards and email firstname.lastname@example.org to specify reward types.
We hope to fulfill rewards and publish Test Patterns by Fall 2017, in time for Halloween.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone who I owe a hardcover to know that they are currently on hand! I do need help from those I owe one to, though, I need your shipping addresses! Please send me a message with your shipping info and I will get your book out to you right away